This Week In Review

Friday, January 13, 2017


This week was an interesting one.  I somehow managed to blog more than once (!!!) though I will be the first to admit, that I don't see myself being able to keep up with 5 posts a week (my goal is three, more to come about that).  But what this week was was a lesson.  I learned that if I really focus on making good use of my time, that I can accomplish WAY more than I would have ever thought!

I started this year with a few goals, one of them being to put more effort into meals and snacks.  It's not that we eat out all of the time, we actually don't eat out all that often.  It's more because I have a few recipes that are on heavy rotation, so I wanted to mix things up a little more.  I've always been interested in cooking and have said before that I'd like to try more recipes, but never did/have.

So I went out and purchased a new skillet, I also plan on buying a food processor in the next little while (hello fresh hummus).  And well, in the last week, I've made spaghetti carbonara, guacamole, sushi and chicken fried rice all for the first time.  Oh! And we can't forget the batch of hot chocolate!  So I'm here now, patting myself on the back because I'm proud that I actually made an effort!  Of course, we'll still enjoy our favourite "regular" dishes, but I think trying a new recipe (be it a main course, snack or side dish) once a week should be an achievable goal!

Fingers crossed I can keep this up!  Do you have any favourite cookbook?  What about a food processor?  Please do share!

Cheers,

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas