Kid's Valentines Day Cupcake Decorating Party!

Thursday, January 26, 2017



Hi, friends!

I'm beyond excited to be part of a blog hop that's all about sharing ideas and inspiration for hosting a fun Valentine's Day party for the kids!  All together there are 11 fantastic party ideas, so be sure to check them all out!  A big welcome to everyone who is popping over from Ashley's gorgeous blog!  How stunning was her Valentine's Day post??!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!  You'll find the links to the other participants at the bottom of the post!

I absolutely love any excuse to go all out using my favourite colour, pink!  This cupcake decorating party is meant to allow the kids to create their own tasty masterpieces while being surrounded by all things love.

I had so much fun putting this tablescape together.  The biggest DIY project (but super simple!) was the ombre tablecloth (find the tutorial here!).  I bought a drop cloth from our local hardware store (don't underestimate the weight of a 9'x12' drop cloth.  Oh.my.goodness!!).  I then took three different shades of Krylon pink spray paint (Ballerina Slippers, Watermelon and Mambo Pink) and one by one, passed them over the side of the drop cloth.  I overlapped the colours where I felt like I needed a little more intensity.  I will be writing more about this project in an upcoming post!  One thing I totally forgot to do was iron the drop cloth prior to spraying it (oops!), which is why there is almost a marble effect.




The chairs were removed from the table, hoping that it would make it easier for the kids to move around and get what they needed to decorate their cupcakes.  I bought piping bags from the bulk food store and filled each with icing.  There are two white, one pink and one marble (I added the red food colouring, but didn't mix it completely, for a fun marble effect).  Each piping bag has a different decorating tip, so that the kids can make various designs.








Red, pink and white sprinkles have been placed in bowls with spoons.  Messes are welcome!  Part of the reason why I chose to go with a dropcloth tablecloth was because I didn't want to have to worry about the mess!  Nothing too precious here!  We really want the kids to be as creative as they want, without worrying about being too messy!  The dropcloth can be folded up, shaken out (there will be a lot of sprinkles on it! lol) and then placed in the washing machine after it's been used!

Plastic utensils have been wrapped up in napkins tied with kraft paper name tags and a festive cupcake topper.  A quick swipe of pink paint adds a bit of detail to the kraft tags.













Paper bags with treat boxes inside make it easy for our guests to take their cupcakes home with them (we made a lot of cupcakes, enough to eat during and extras to take home to enjoy after!).  Though the kids weren't captured working on their masterpieces, it was such a blast seeing all of them hard at work!  They were so creative!

Happy decorating!

Now be sure to hop on over to the beautiful blog of Lucy from Craftberry Bush to see her party inspiration and incredible heart ballon tutorial!  It's absolutely beautiful and I know you'll just love it!

You'll also want to visit the blogs of the other participants, below!  So much to love!


Cheers,

SaveSave

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this. So gorgeous, Julie. Love the idea of decorating the cupcake and that tablecloth is awesome. Darling party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Courtney! I have to admit that I was little nervous that my idea wouldn't work out, but I'm thrilled with the results! I'll take any excuse to go all out with my favourite colour! lol

      Delete
  2. Wow!! So stunning! I love the drop cloth! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie!!!!! You should see my fave right now because I'm going craaazzzy over this! I mean, that tablecloth… I cannot believe you made that! I was ready to find out where you bought it from quickly so I could purchase the same one. I guess I'm going to have to make one because it is just to die for… So cute! Cutest party ever. Love every detail! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun! Can't wait to do another one with you! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer, you are honestly the sweetest! Thank you for your kind words, it means the world to me! Loved your party so much!

      Delete
  4. Julie I loved how you made that tablecloth and your all the cupcake fun! So creative and pretty, what a treat to tour with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annie!! The feeling is mutual!

      Delete
  5. Just love the table cloth! can't wait for you to post the instructions. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was nervous about how it would turn out at first, but so glad I went for it!

      Delete
  6. I love everything about this table scape...not to mention your super.cute sweater! Where did you get it??? Love, Love, Love it all!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much! The sweater is from Talbots :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas