Apres Ski (or Skating)

Monday, January 9, 2017


You guys, this past weekend I dusted off my oooooooold skates and the boys and I headed to a small "pond" that had just enough ice to skate on.  It was hilarious and so much fun (but bitterly cold, I can't deny that!).  Truthfully, this was the first time that the boys have really skated.  I'm not sure why we waited so long, but it was a blast!  We laughed, and the boys stayed outside long after hubs and I made our way back into the house.  Needless to say that the kids had the most wonderful sleeps last night!

le après ski (or skate in this case lol)

I can't believe that the holidays are officially over.  As I sit here typing, the snow is falling ever so gently and I'm mentally preparing myself to get on with the show.

Every year I wonder, what will this year bring?  I know that I'm the one in control, but things do continue to surprise me.  I'm humbled by the incredible collaborations that I've been a part of thus far and by the friendships that have been made.  I hope to continue to bring inspiration (both fashion and decor) to the blog in 2017 but in a bigger and better way.

Some days are easier than others and some days you have way more confidence than others.  There are a slew of people who I rely on and look up to to make it through the not-so-fun days.  I think it's important to continue to grow, to continue to push yourself and to continue to do what makes you happy.  And well, that's what this year is all about!  I have SO much to learn, but I'm excited (and nervous) to do just that!

Have a lovely Monday, friends!

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. I just finally got new skates this year. I'm in love with them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas