Family Room Makeover Using Premier Paint

Thursday, June 1, 2017


You guys, I'm not so great at keeping secrets, but have learned that some things are better left as a surprise.  A few weeks ago, I was asked by Canadian Tire if I would be up for transforming a space using paint from their new line, PREMIER.  I immediately jumped at the opportunity because I had already planned on a doing a room makeover that required paint.

Which room you ask?  The family room.  In all honesty, this room has kind of been a thorn in my side for the past few years.  It's always felt "off" and it wasn't until recently that I realized the reason why.  The paint.  It's just not right for this room and for that reason, the timing for this project couldn't have been any better!

Now something that completely took me by surprise was how much my grey loving heart was leaning towards....wait for it.....beige!  Yes, beige!  If you told me a year ago that I would be contemplating painting our family room beige I would have laughed so.darn.hard.

But alas, Butter Beige was the winner (I also tried Iqaluit Road and Polar White, but as soon as they were on the wall, I knew that Butter Beige was "the one").

I chose to use Premier Infinity for this project because it was going over a dark grey.  The paint and primer combo is such an incredible feature.  I applied two coats, waiting the four hours between each coat.

Here's the before:


And here's how the space looks now!



I chose to only paint the bottom portion of the wall and separated the two colours with a chair rail (36" from the floor as we have 9' ceilings and used the tools from this post to install the chair rail).  I love how the new paint adds just enough warmth and brightens up the room perfectly!

I honestly can't believe how one can of paint (that's all it took for this project) can completely transform a room!  It's got to be the best way to give a room a new look.

Here's a closer look!




I think what surprises me the most is how there is definite colour when you look at Butter Beige on the fan deck, but once it's on the wall, it's hard to tell that it's not white unless you have is placed against something that is true white.









I also painted the existing frames with the same paint!  For that, I used a foam brush and it worked perfectly!  Again, I applied two coats and the new look suits the room!















I'm truly so happy with how this room makeover turned out!  I already have plans to update a few other rooms.  To be honest, I also consider painting the room a gooooorgeous green!  If you're in the market for a stunning shade of green, be sure to check out Mountain Green, such a pretty colour!

Cheers,

This post is written in partnership with Canadian Tire, however all opinions are completely my own

1 comment:

  1. The new look is lovely! This is such a pretty room and the new white does brighten the room nicely. I just picked up some Premier paint colours today at Canadian Tire. I have a thing for paint colour names and they have some of the best lol. I have at least 10 whites to look through.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas