Weekend Recap, What's Coming to the Blog & Coats for Fall

Monday, October 27, 2014

Can you even believe that it's the last week of October?!  Part of me wants time to stand still while I try to catch up and another part of me can't wait for the holiday decorating to begin!

With the weekend behind us, here's a little recap.  I linked to two tops on Friday and thought I would share pics of them.  The first one is from Gap, love the floral print so much and as I mentioned on Friday, the fit is perfect, I love their fitted boyfriend tops!  This is the one I'm wearing and you can also nab the white one.



Then there is this flannel plaid top from Old Navy.  It's light flannel, and again, the fit is fantastic!  I missed out on the turquoise one, but this one is still available so is the black and white one:



Do you ever break out your vintage tea set if you have one?  We were given so many lovely pieces from hubs' Grandmother, a few of which that I keep on the kitchen counter.  Every so often I use them for my afternoon tea.  I find I sip the tea slower and enjoy the quiet moment a little longer.


No, I didn't bake them from scratch, but they were mighty tasty!  Though the black icing (not pictured) will never make another appearance in our house! ha!


Onto other things!

The last two years my focus has been on decorating our home.  It's been quite the journey.  I'm at the point now that I'm no longer looking at unfinished/empty spaces all throughout our home, which is so nice.  There are still a few corners and rooms that need to be finished, but I've reached the point that it's not a nagging feeling of getting things done.

There is a corner in the living room, behind the couch (where the lamp is) that needs to be filled.  I just can't find something that I love or the perfect piece.  Search continues.


I know the answer will come and have contemplated putting a bookshelf there, but I don't know.  I also want to replace the side tables that are currently beside the bench.  We need something bigger, so I've been keeping an eye out for those.

Then in the family room, I think we need to add a tall mirror behind this chair and a beautiful piece of art behind the other.


I am planning on working on the kids' bedrooms this winter and then there is the basement.  Our basement is finished, but not decorated, we use it quite often, so it's time to do something about that space.  All perfect winter projects.

I have a few super exciting blog posts coming up in the next couple of weeks.  Decorating, fashion, entertaining and more!  Eep, can't wait!

With the change of season comes a change in wardrobe.  As I mentioned, you will be seeing more fashion posts here from now on, which I'm excited about (I hope you are too!).

I love the layering that happens during the fall months.  I love seeing plaid, flats that boast beautiful prints, cozy knits and puffy vests.
I currently have a black peacoat for this time of year, but would love other options to switch things up a bit.  These three are from Old Navy and I love that they are affordable.

What are your fall fashion staples?  I'm pining my favourite looks!  Be sure to follow!

I also wanted to mention that I'm thrilled to be over at Amanda's inspiring and beautiful blog today!  You can find the post here.  Thanks so much,  Amanda!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. I love this little recap! It looks like you have some serious decorating to do this winter and I can't wait to see it all. You're SO smart to not rush on the area behind the sofa- when the perfect piece appears, you'll be glad you were patient! XO! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure a piece of furniture is the answer. Have you considered drapes? Soft folds of a great fabric would make an astounding statement there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to have my grandmother's tea set, and I would use it everyday! Looking forward to what's to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering the winter season there are lots of change in wardrobes. So you have to look after the design of wardrobe space and also apply a new design to give a cool look.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas