IDS14 Recap - Part One. Ikea Canada, Sarah Richardson Design & Aerin via Cocoon Furnishings

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

You guys, after going through the photos from IDS14 I have to say I wish I could go back.  It's pretty amazing how you see things so differently through the lens.

I'm super excited to share some photos with you today in my first IDS14 recap.  I've decided to break it up into a couple of different posts.  Today, it's all about Ikea, Sarah Richardson Design and Aerin Lauder.

The highly anticipated Aerin collection which is being exclusively sold in Canada through Cocoon Furnishings, an Oakville interior design showroom, was a pure joy to see.  Honestly, the entire space was absolutely brilliant.  The Sanger Chandelier is probably the most gorgeous piece I've ever laid eyes on.  The beautiful grain of the wood in the tables along with the clean lines & soft curves of the accessories and coordinating furnishings brought together a luxurious space of timeless elegance. Seriously the stuff of my dreams.













I'm always eager to see what Sarah Richardson and her team will bring to the table.  Their ability to mix  fabrics & patterns is so admirable.  Truthfully, what they did was pure genius.  To be able to have so much going on in one small space without having it feel overwhelming, actually, it was quite the opposite for me, was simply amazing.  I adored the graceful fabric used as the backdrop and especially loved the fabric covering the bulletin board paired with nailhead trim.  I'd have to say that my absolute favourite pieces were the chairs and the bench, oh goodness, that bench, which is custom Sarah Richardson piece, it's perfect.  Gorgeous lines and perfect proportions, I die.  Moving on.  The team showed how fabric can truly transform a space, from using it on pillows, to curtains, to recovering vintage pieces or a perhaps a ladder if you choose to do so.  But what they proved is that fabric can most definitely step any piece up a notch and can be used in a variety of ways that many wouldn't think of.  You can view the entire fabric line here.










I think it's pretty much unanimous that Ikea Canada knocked it out of the park yet again this year. The extremely popular display did not disappoint what.so.ever.  Lacquer, brass, gold, clustered lighting and an absolutely brilliant mix of furnishings, brought this space together.  Kitchens will forever grab a hold of my heart strings and this kitchen did just that.  Ikea Canada proved that thinking outside of the box can not only help you create a space full of personality but one of sheer beauty.












In my next IDS14 post, I will be sharing snippets of more booths & pretty that caught my eye.  There was SO much to see!  This will be an IDS14 week on the blog and I love that!

Cheers,

*all photos are my own, please credit appropriately if used. thank you!

16 comments:

  1. All of it is gorgeous!!! Love that ampersand from Aerin, and of course Sarah & IKEA's booths - both long time favourites of mine! Definitely feeling the regret of not going this year haha Next year for sure!

    Hope you're doing well Julie :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love seeing the latest and greatest! All that gold - makes my heart flutter. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Hoping the IKEA here in Vancouver settles with its workers so that shopping there will once again be an option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so bummed i missed it this year. Great recap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great recap...your photos are stunning! And most importantly...it was so great to see/hang out with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shots!! I am so happy to have hung out with you on Friday! Sorry it often took me forever to move on from one spot to another.

    Please do let me know when you are in town next time… we should go for coffee & perhaps a little shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, Julie! I couldn't make it out to the show so it's posts like these that I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. le doré revient un accent mode. Looks like gold touch is back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. le doré revient un accent mode. Looks like gold touch is back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are amazeballs! Great recap - makes me sad I missed it this year. But living vicariously through your pics works too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. foyer chandelier

    ReplyDelete
  12. المطبخ يعتبرّ المراعاة بديكور المطبخ أمراً مهماً للغايةً، فهو زيادة عن مجرد موضع لتناول وطهي الأكل، بل إنّه قلب البيت الدافئ الذي يجمع أشخاص الأسرة سوياً، ويعين على تسلية الضيوف، لهذا يلزم الحذر نحو إرجاع تصميمه، بأن يكون ديكوره مزيّناً بلمسات زخرفية وعمليّة بنفس الوقت.
    شركة نقل عفش و اثاث بالسعودية
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الاردن

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. sureguard mattress encasement

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas