Just Call Me #GirlBoss

Monday, June 16, 2014

Last Tuesday evening, I started feeling like I was getting a bit of a sore throat.  By Wednesday afternoon, I was crawling into bed feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.  I never nap, it's not in my DNA, it's like I'm allergic to napping.  So the fact that all I wanted to do was to lie in bed all day, was a pretty big deal.  Here we are, nearly a week later and my ears are still ringing and my throat is still sore.  But I'm functioning like a normal human being and that my friends, is a pretty awesome feeling.  Man, what a cold that was.

One upside to being sick is that you literally have no choice but to slow down and take it easy.  Well, as much as you can when you're a parent (I'm so thankful that hubs wasn't away on a trip, so that I could rest up for the most part).  Anyhow, a few days earlier I hard ordered the "hey I'm all over instagram and instagramers don't lie when they say a book is good, so you better buy me" book #GirlBoss.


I wasn't too sure what to expect because truth be told, I wasn't even sure who Sophia Amorusa was.

Done gasping?

It's true though, I didn't.  Low and behold, she is one of the most successful entrepreneurs eva!  And well, she's pretty darn awesome and I mean pretty darn awesome.

Her book is pretty much her story, she doesn't hold back, she has no excuses.  She has worked hard, she has figured it out along the way, she has made mistakes, she has taken chances and she is a #GirlBoss.  What I loved the most about this amazing read is that she really stresses how hard one has to work if they really want something.  There is no easy road, but there's a way to get what you want.  Hard work always pays off in some way or another.  I also loved how she doesn't apologize for not always fitting in, that she had the confidence to continue and push even though she didn't always fit into "society's mould".  If something didn't work for her, she figured out how to make it work or why it didn't work and tweaked it accordingly.  She doesn't settle.

It was truly an inspiring read.  I could relate to so many points she made, it was almost unreal.

So if you're looking for a little inspiration, take a peek at her book.  It may be just what you need to give you that little nudge to go for your dreams.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of hers and cannot wait to get my hands on this book. Great post :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas