Framed Agate.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hey, hey, hey!

A few weeks ago, I shared this fantastic DIY tutorial by Erica from Moth-Design.  I knew I wanted to try it out, but hadn't had any luck finding any agate to use for it.  Then I saw Lindsay mention that she had seen some agate coasters at Homesense. Voila.  So I've been checking Homesense ever since without any luck...my luck changed last week! Whoop!

I scooped these puppies as soon as I saw them:


The colours are absolutely perfect for the new family room colour scheme.  I managed to also find the perfect frames at Homesense as well:


Here are two of them all finished:

 

I wasn't able to follow Erica's instructions exactly since the rivets on the back of my frames would have been visible if I painted the backs.  Hopefully these will stay in place.  Fingers crossed.

Total cost each: $20 ($20 for 4 coasters and $15 per frame).  Bam!

Cheers, 
 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas