When Dreams Become Reality

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hey friends! I hope you are all well and the loveliness of what is soon to be spring is blowing in to your part of the world.

I've been asked a few times what has come from this post, so I thought I would share bits and pieces here on the blog.

Lara Casey pretty much summed it up for me in the print above.

My love for decorating is strong and undeniable, it's really and truly my passion.  I've been doing a lot thinking and a lot of soul searching.  And this is what I've come up with so far:
  • though I have an unbelievable amount of respect for interior designers, it is not for me, interior decorating however, is
  • the thought of helping people achieve the most out of their space and creating a place that they can truly take pride in makes my heart smile.
  • I have an undeniable love for fabrics, paint colours, furniture, decor items, etc...the list goes on, to work with all of the above would be a dream
  • family is and will always be my first priority. I need flexibility, it's the only way that this can work
  • understanding every element of decorating is very important to me.  I need to have this knowledge to even begin attempting any sort of decorating project so I've been studying anytime I have a free moment.  There is a lot to know, there is a lot to learn, but I'm eager to learn it all.  Eager and excited
  • learning about design and decorating has made my heart smile, I kid you not.  Even if I only use this knowledge to help myself or even friends and family members, I'll be happy because it's what I love
  • experience is needed.  My house is the perfect test site.  It's coming, slowly but surely
  • I in no way what to rush things or jump in too soon.  I will be taking my time, however long it takes. When I'm ready...for whatever works best and again, I have no clue what that is at this time.  The answer will come, in due time, I'm sure
So that's that!  Hopefully it gives you a little insight as to what is going on over here.

I will share more as soon as I can!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Yay you! So glad to hear you've found something you love to do. Life is too short not to take a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D You can do it!! Follow your heart.
    I am in a similar place, although I did go to school for ID. But I am at the start of it all after taking three years off immediately after/during school to have babies and get married. So now I just feel a little stuck, and scared to truly dive in.
    If it gives you any confidence, I make enough to support myself to continue to stay home with my kids by doing a bit of e-design, and sourcing vintage furniture. Its not much, but after a year of EI wage for maternity leave, it is enough to get by and focus my efforts where my heart lies and build my confidence to more tangible design projects and opportunities!
    You really can make it happen, and I think you would have a whole community behind you to encourage you and help promote you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just wanted to comment that I also am and are in this same boat! I am a dreamer, dreaming of being something and being a mother is most important to me. I owned a salon for 10 years and 2 years ago decided to close and find a new adventure, I decided to follow my passion toward ID. I joined Tobi Fairleys mastermind program, and i can not speak highly enough about her and the women in our group, they are amazing! Not knowing anything about design it is so great to be in a group of people so eager to share and help! I recently hired Whitney English to help me authenicate my branch. and this process has been amazing! She truley has me digging deep and finding my purpose and I have truly have learnt so much about myself. I honestly am even on a new path that i hoping it is a new dream to chase! Hang in there dig deep and have faith!! XOXO CHRISSI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas