Reupholstering - What Have I Gotten Myself Into?!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The title says it all.

You see, I knew that this wouldn't be an easy job, but I don't think I really knew what I was getting into until I started to take the chairs apart.

But, I've started and I am going to give it a go.  I cleverly started with the smaller of the two chairs...hoping it would be a touch easier, but still, it's going to be tricky.

I have to say it was pretty neat to see what was beneath the oh-so-retro yellow velvet.  Just the craftsmanship and all.  I'm wondering when these chairs were originally made.  I should look into it.

Anyhow, the process has begun and this is where it currently sits (no pun intended, har har):


The fabric has been ordered from Tonic Living. I decided to go with this one:


It's the same ikat dot that I used to make the pillows for the family room with, just a different colour.

The chairs will be going in the nook upstairs on the second level.  My hopes are to make it a reading area, a place to go and relax a bit.  There is a beautiful window and a lovely vaulted ceiling in the nook, so it's the perfect place for a little quiet time.


And I'm thinking a Saarinen side table or something similar would be fab. I spotted this one at Homesense a week or so ago:


 Promise to keep you posted on the end result of the chair reupholstering.  I daily wine intake may rise ever so slightly until this project is finished. Ha!

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. Love the choices, going to be such a pretty space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upholstering is the worst. I have so many projects that I can't afford to have done professionally. But I have been avoiding doing it myself, so daunting. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas