In Times Like These

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Honestly, you're going to start to think that I work for Homesense. I promise, I do not.  Although I'm beginning to wonder if the ladies who do work at our store think that I'm paid to keep tabs on their store by management as I'm there so often and very rarely buy anything.  I'm *that* shopper.

The deal is that when I know I can find a piece at their store, I go often, as I mentioned here.  It's a tactic that has proven to work time and time again.  Plus, it's also a tad bit fun to go and see what's new in store.  I need to win their $1000 shopping spree, I totally do.

Anyhow, I went yesterday and spotted a gem of a mirror.


Only problem, I had no "need" for it.  I contemplated replacing the lovely flamingo print that faces our front door...not a good idea, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Which leads me to this:

When panic sets in, take a step back and chill out.

Panic over a decor item?  Yes, yes, yes. You read that correctly.  That is what happens to me.  I panic trying to find the perfect spot for an item which in turn would give me the permission to buy it. You know?

No, I do not need this particular mirror, but the thing is, it's fabulous and extremely well priced.  So in the end it's a deal worth going for and that's all the permission I need.  This whole budget has me all wonky in the head I tell ya!

So I am going back to see if this loveliness is still there.  If yes, I buy, if no...I cut my losses and move on.

Going back to my shopping day, I adored these pillows.  They would have been great for the living room...only problem, the zipper wasn't where I hoped it would be.  I like the way that the print is going in the photo, but then the zipper would be on the side and I just couldn't get over that.  So I left them behind.


And if you're looking for a pop of tangerine, well, then this chair is for you:


Hellooooo colour!  Bam!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas