Pretty Organized.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

When I was little, I loved to organize things.  I'd categorize them by colour, use, size, any way that I could possibly organize whatever it was that I was tackling, I'd organize.  And well, not much has changed since then.

So it comes as no surprise that I'm totally excited to have some organizing to do now that the dresser is useable.

I am planning on applying my make up at the dresser as there is going to be a large-ish mirror hanging above it and I really want everything to be easily accessible.  Thus, displaying the make up I use regularly on the top of the dresser.

I hit (you guessed it), Homesense yesterday in search for the perfect accessories to hold & display my brushes and make up.  The first place I headed to was the kitchen section.  Yup, kitchen.  I absolutely love to use plates to hold/display items.  There is an abundance of beautiful dishes out there be it vintage or new.  I fell in love with this plate from Athropologie and it inspired me to search for something similar locally.

Success, I found this plate and it's absolutely perfect for holding my make up:

(the mirror is still leaning on the dresser, time to hang it up on the wall!)

I wasn't able to find any cups in the kitchen section, but did find this lovely in the bath section.  I love how it looks paired with the plate.

So be sure to always explore your options and to think outside of the box.  You may be surprised by how many items can be used for things other than their intended purpose!

Cheers, happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty photo. I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the top of my dresser - always such a mess!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas