Newness - New Workouts & New Beauty Routine

Monday, February 6, 2017


About a week and a half ago I decided enough was enough.  I threw on my workout clothes and headed to the basement to do a circuit.  It was time to start working out regularly again.  I love Crossfit, but I don't love working out in the garage when it's so darn cold out, so using the treadmill,  kettle bell and hand weights is a great alternative for me. (I'm a huge fan of Emily Skye's.  If you love circuits, follow her on Facebook for awesome videos.  I refer to them all of the time).

I switch things up every day, but typically do a circuit that consists of a 3 min run, then I do a few exercises with the kettle bell and then arms.  I repeat this 3/4 times.  After that , I do a core workout and lately I've been finishing this off with hill sprints on the treadmill.  I wish I had given this a try sooner, because I LOVE them!  I do 30 secs of running with a 30 secs - 1 min break, four times.  It's killer, but in a great way!

I've also made some rather big changes to my diet.  I always thought that I was a pretty good eater, but when I looked a littler closer I quickly realized that that wasn't the case.  Being more aware of what I'm eating has also made a big difference in how I feel.  Small changes with huge impact!  I'll chat more about this in a future post.


After having the opportunity to try Philosophy's anti-aging ultimate Miracle Worker night cream, I've been completely sold on the fact that I need this entire line in my life and just bought a new jar!  It is a beautiful line and I'm so incredibly happy with it.  I also added Purity face cleanser as well as anti-aging Miracle Worker Moisturizer to my daily routine.

I will be the first to admit that I've always been a skeptic about how well these products work, but for me, it's been a great experience and I'm truly happy with how much healthier my skin looks and feels.  It did take a few weeks for me to start noticing the difference, which is probably why I was always a skeptic.  I typically only ever used samples.  Samples are great for allowing you to see how the product feels and to ensure that it moisturizes your skin enough, but otherwise, you sometimes need to use the product for a longer period of time to notice the benefits.  At least that was the case for me. You can view the Miracle Worker line here.


I also wanted to invest in some great beauty product, so I decided to head to Shoppers Drug Mart to visit their Beauty Boutique.  I knew what type of look I was going for, but had no idea what products I needed to use to achieve it.  There are SO many to choose from and to know which brand and which shade you need has always felt very overwhelming! Thankfully the associate was so helpful and patient.  I left with these products and very much look forward to using them!  I will continue to use a mix of high & low products, but for me, these products seemed to fit the bill and work well with my skin tone and gave me the overall look I was aiming for.

I can't lie, I have a list of other products that I'm wanting to try, but I'll stick to these plus a few of my old regulars for now!

Do you have any favourite beauty products?  What about make up brushes?  I need to buy some that are of better quality.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. After you posted your IG stories about the miracle overnight stuff I went out and bought the under eye cream! I had been looking for something for a while and like you couldn't choose. So far so good! I've been using it for over a week now and think I might buy the over night stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it SO hard to choose because there are so many great options! I'm happy to hear that the cream is working for you! I am so happy with the entire Philosophy line and I honestly love the overnight cream. I used the one that I linked to above and now I'm trying the other one (without the beads).

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas