Pink Peonies

Tuesday, June 9, 2015




Last year we planted quite a few peony bushes in our front and back gardens and this year, we have been treated to some absolutely gorgeous blooms!



I love peonies and not just for their flowers.  They have really lovely deep green leaves, so even though the flowers don't last all that long (especially because I bring them indoors!), they are a great addition to the gardens.

Nothing makes me happier than to be able to bring fresh flowers into the house, so I try to plant plants with gorgeous flowers in our gardens.


Do you love to garden?  Which plants are your favourites?  Hydrangeas are up next and I can't wait!


Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous Julie!! And they match the pink on your blog perfectly ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peonies are stunning and your lovely photos really show them off! I have happy childhood memories of peonies in my late aunt and uncle's garden. I would love to grow them but have always felt a bit nervous. I am looking to fill some space in the borders in my front garden but it doesn't get so much of the sun (my back garden is sunniest), do you think they would be happy there? I was going to add some hostas too. I love hydrangeas too and have the most beautiful pink one. I am a newbie reading your blog and instagram and am enjoying it a lot. Have a lovely week. Margaret (Buckinghamshire, England)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning, vibrant shade of pink! Enjoy the flowers ... and their smell!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas