Workspace Update With The Help of Ornamental Mouldings!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A few weeks ago I decided it was definitely time to add an inspiration board to my workspace.  Conveniently enough, we already had a cork bulletin board tucked away, so I dug it out, gave the frame a coat of white paint (of course) and I got to tearing photos of inspiring spaces.  Once the board was up, I realized that a little something was missing.  I loved the height of the bulletin board, but I definitely needed to add a something above it.

I chose to go with a gorgeous ornamental moulding which I found at Home Depot.  It's made of embossed acanthus wood and had the exact look and detail I was going for.


These little gems are 1- fairly inexpensive and 2- work pretty much anywhere.  They also come in a variety of styles and sizes.  I gave it a coat of white gloss spray paint (again, of course).  To hang it, I used a 3M velcro command strip (honestly, I love these little buggers!).

The moulding was the perfect added touch to a rather dull space above the bulletin board, a quick and easy fix with large impact.

Here's another shot of how the moulding looked before I sprayed it:


And here it is in place:



I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to be able to see all of these inspirational images, letters from lovely friends, fabrics, words of wisdom and such while plugging away at the computer.  It also allowed me to see a pattern that I didn't know was even there until all of the photos were up.  I definitely encourage everyone to create their own perfect version of an inspiration board if you can.  This bulletin board used to be hubs when he lived at home with his parents, it has definitely seen better days, but a quick coat of paint brought life back to the frame and the damage cork was covered up as soon as I added some photos.  You could also add some fabric to the back if you wanted to cover up the cork entirely!

Cheers,

8 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I love the added touch above it; it really does add to the overall effect.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Julie! The moulding on top is a great touch. ~ Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
    popcorn time download mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة نقل عفش و اثاث بالسعودية
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الاردن

    نحن مؤسسة نقل أثاث من العاصمة السعودية الرياض الى الدمام والضد، ولسنا مؤسسة نقل اثاث بالعاصمة السعودية لاغير ، بل نقدم خدماتنا في ميدان نقل وفك وتركيب وتغليف وتطهير وتخزين الاثاث داخل وخارج مدينة ومنطقة الرياض عاصمة المملكة العربية السعودية ،

    ومن ضمن الأماكن التي نعمل فيها وتصلها خدماتنا الاحترافية هي مدينة الدمام حيث أننا مؤسسة نقل اثاث من الرياض عاصمة المملكة العربية السعودية الى الدمام وأيضاًً من الدمام الى العاصمة السعودية الرياض ..

    هل اختيارك مؤسسة نقل اثاث من الرياض عاصمة المملكة العربية السعودية الى الدمام في محلة؟
    إن من أضخم المشاكل والمتاعب التي قد يواجهها المرء هي إشكالية نقل الاثاث ، وخصوصا عندما تكون خارج مدينته إلى مدينة أخرى ،

    ReplyDelete
  5. This type of graphic is produced through real physical figures of the character that are made of paper, clay, or even clay and many other materials available that can be used, in addition to providing the environment in which the events take place in their true form, then taking a set of consecutive pictures of those events, Then edit it through the computer to display it in its final form to the scenes as if it were an animation شركة سيو
    موشن جرافيك

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas