Join In! Afternoon Tea With Elliven Studio

Tuesday, April 8, 2014


My days usually start with me waking up 30 mins before the kids in the morning.  That way, I can ease into the day, enjoy a cup of coffee and watch the news in peace and quite.  I find it's really hard to get your feet on the ground when you're thrown right into it the minute you wake up.  That being said, this was definitely not something that I would have even considered when the kids were younger and I wasn't getting any sleep and I don't typically wake up earlier than the kiddos on the weekends, just when they have school.


I recently started taking 10-15 mins in the afternoon to "recharge".  I typically sit in a quiet spot in the house (usually the living room or my office) and enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea along with a sweet treat and relax.  Though it's only 10-15 mins, it makes a world of a difference and gives me the boost I need to get through the rest of the day.  It can be tricky to find those few minutes to yourself when you have kids at home, for sure, and this isn't something that I can always do, but I truly enjoy it and soak up every minute of the break whenever I can (plus, I'll take any excuse to use my super fun Chapters mugs).

Now, here's where you come in!  I decided to start tagging my afternoon break photos on instagram with the hashtag #afternoonteawithellivenstudio.  The idea is to encourage you to take a few minutes to yourself to recharge, to give yourself a break and to do something that makes you happy.  It doesn't have to be a cup of coffee or tea, it can be anything really, just as long as it allows you to clear your mind and relax.

Here is your first round!










I'd absolutely love for you to join in on the fun!  Tag your instagram photos with #afternoonteawithellivenstudio and I'll share some of the photos here on the blog!

Thanks to everyone who took part!

Cheers,

Wake Up & Be Awesome mug c/o Chapters

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea Julie! I have some of those Chapters mugs too and love them :) They show up in my instagram feed for sure...will start tagging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - what an enjoyable series! Looking forward to seeing more - and to participating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO lovely! I have checked out the hashtag from time to time to see what others are posting, and I love it.

    You've really inspired me to do the same thing, and even when I'm at work all day, it's nice to come home and just relax for a few minutes before getting into house duties. Oh, and thanks for sharing mine!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas