A Little Childhood Moment Frozen in Time

Monday, April 28, 2014

If you're a parent, there's a good chance that your little one (or one of your little ones) loves to collect rocks.  I've always loved to watch the kids carefully select which rocks are "good ones" and wonder what it is that makes a rock "good" or "bad".  I typically make the kids leave them outside (otherwise our house would be FULL of rocks), except for a few.

Little J continues to collect rocks and also takes the time to pick out a few here and there for his brothers, hubs and I.  I usually leave the ones he's chosen for me outside on the front step, but last week it hit me that I should cherish this act of his a little more than I do.

So I went to Micheals and bought a small wooden box, some beautiful paint and got to work.

I had been looking for a teal box for my office space for a while now, so I decided to paint the box in this gorgeous colour and to then glue one of the rocks that J had picked out for me on to the top.



I'm so thrilled with how it turned out and love that this hobby of his will forever be frozen in time.


Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! So cute, Julie.

    On a rock collecting note, I was obsessed with collecting them when I was a kid but also wasn't allowed to bring them inside - so I would store them in our driveway... which was gravel. I would show my "rock collection" to people who came to visit... and point to the gravel driveway. #biggestrockcollectionever Haha, ridiculous kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea (and beautiful too!) Can you tell me what that gorgeous paint color is? It's so striking and lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. تقدم شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض خدماتها في مكافحة الحشرات في البيوت و الفلل و الشركات و نعمل بدقة على الوصل لادق الاماكن التي تتواجد بها الحشرات ونعمل على اتمام عملنا دون الحاجة الى مغادرة العميل مكانه فنحن نستخدم مبيدات حشرية امنة على سلامة و صحة العميل و الاسرة كما نعمل على قدم وساق لانهاء العمل في اسرع وقت ممكن حتى لا نتسبب في ازعاج العميل فكل ما نطمح اليه هو ارضاء و راحة العميل
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بمكة
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بجازان
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بابها
    شركة رش مبيدات بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damage to water leaks
    Water leaks threaten the lives of many people, as they appear in the form of small patches of moisture first, then increase and grow over time and keep penetrating into walls, floors and ceilings in an invisible way until they work on the resonance of iron columns inside the concrete structure of the home or facility, and then completely erode and eventually lead To the occurrence of demolition or fall of the concrete blocks in the house.

    شركة كشف تسرب المياه

    This endangers the lives of people and causes great material losses, as the owner of the facility restores the building again and pays exorbitant sums for the renewal of the water supply network, all of which may happen due to lack of follow-up or periodic maintenance of the drainage or connection network.

    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas