Spotting Clearance Section Gems! A Simple #DIY

Monday, February 17, 2014

Last week I treated myself to a little visit to HomeSense.  I enjoy popping in to see what's new and for some inspiration.

Well, turns out that on this day, the clearance section was full of gems!  I absolutely love it when I find a great deal in the clearance section.  There are several pieces in our house that were clearance section finds and it never gets old, to find something at a steal of a deal!

First, I managed to get this amazing book for $15!  Yes, $15.  Done and done.


Then I turned the corner and spotted a piece of art that no joke, I had been wanting since I first saw it in a HomeSense preview months ago (I can't remember which one it was, probably fall/winter).  Anyhow, I guess I had missed it when it first hit the shelves because this bad boy was now marked down from $129 to $36, there must have been 4-5 red stickers layered over one another.  I mean seriously, there was no question, I was bringing it home.

I wanted to share this buy with you because it can be so easy to pass a clearance item up due to it's sometimes not-so-perfect condition, but that's the thing, you have to know when it's passed the point of no return and when all it needs is a little TLC to bring it's beauty back.  The latter was the case this time, wahoo!

So here's the before:




I covered the glass portion of the art with newspaper and taped it as closely to the edge as I could and took some flat white spray paint to the frame.  I totally removed the paper too soon and as a result, smudged the paint in some spots. So I placed a piece of card stock on the glass and butted it up against the frame and treated the spots that I had damaged.  I think I will take some paint & a brush to touch up some spots as required but otherwise, I'm super happy with the results.

And here's the after:




I could have gone even further by sanding down and filling the parts of the frame that were really nicked, but I just didn't feel the need to.  I'm super happy with the results and definitely prefer the white frame vs the wood.

I will be sharing some more photos of the entire piece once it's up on the wall!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! I love finding deals at Homesense, and you can never go wrong with a coffee table book on sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white frame. I too also hit up the clearance section it's amazing what gets passed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. كيف تقضي على الذباب بخطوات طفيفة
    الأمر الذي لاشك فية ان الذباب مصدر ازعاج عظيم للكثيرون و القضاء عليه من الامور العسيرة و إلا أن يمكن استعمال مصيده الخل و هي من الأساليب القديمة و التقليدية و التى تعاون على اصطياد الذباب من خلال وضع الماء مع الخل و الذي يجذب الذباب نحوه بصورة قوية
    التخلص من الذباب بواسطة ضع المياه مع سائل تطهير الصحون و تركها مكشوفه لتجذب الذباب نحوها و السقوط به
    يبقى بعض اشكال الابادة الكمياءبة الاخرى و التى تباع بالصيدليات و إلا أن الاستعانه بمثل هذه الاساليب قد يكون السبب فى الحاق الاذي بالاطفال و إلا أن يمكن الاستعانه ببعض الانواع عديمة الرائحة و التى يمكن الاستعانه بها بدلا من الاساليب الطبيعية فى حال عدم جدواها

    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمملكة
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقطيف
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخرج

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas