Family Room Shake Up and A Few Steals

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

In the span of a few days, I've gotten stuck in a carwash during the high pressure rinse cycle (it just wouldn't stop....poor little J was absolutely terrified), made muffins and forgot to put in the entire amount of flour, which resulted in me having to throw them out and a child who was not at all happy with me (banana chocolate chip muffins are basically a staple in our house and a little someone looooves them).  Plus a few other "what the heck is going on" moments, all added together have got me scratching my head and sticking close to home.  Mercury retrograde is almost over and when it is, I shall once again leave the house.

I kid, I kid.  I totally went to Homesense to make myself feel better, which was really awesome because I nabbed this book that was on my wish list!  Buying books at Homesense is honestly where it's at....you can usually save up to 50% if not more (in this case I saved 60%). Bam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.


Also, you may have noticed in the above pic that the chairs have moved.  Yes. I. Did.  The family room furniture has been rearranged and you guys, I'm loving it!  The chairs are not really in optimum tv watching position, but this room feels SO much better, much cozier, more open and I'm happy with the layout.  I would still love to get new chairs eventually, but for now, this will most definitely do.  I tried placing the chairs in front of the fireplace, the couch across from them (back of it facing the window) and the tv centered on the long wall, but again, the chairs were just too wide for this and I'm not quite sure how I feel about the fireplace being completely blocked.  Also, I looooove that the window is no longer blocked.  It's a good size and I feel like I can breathe when there isn't anything in front of it.

I've since placed a plant in a woven basket in the corner to fill that space, much better

I'm trying to decide what I should do on either side of the stone fireplace.  What to hang and if we should do some sort of faux built ins? I dunno, need to hit up pinterest I think.

Speaking of deals and being happy, thank you Walmart over and over again for selling gorgeous blooms at ridiculously low prices.  $4 a bunch.


The rest of house is getting a refresh as well.  I switched things up in the main hallway, brightening it up a bit.


And with that, I will leave you with this picture that I took of the purple tulips last evening. They loved the light from the lamp.
Now, have a good one and be careful of car washes if you choose to use on in the near future. haha!

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. Love finding books from Homesense/Winners!! I bought an $80 book for $20 once (I might have squealed in the aisle haha) and I got a really beautiful dessert cookbook for a friend last year.

    And those tulips are gorg!! I'm biased towards tulips anyways, but that colour is so spring-y! Looking forward to seeing them bloom outside soon (I hope!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, many of my books came from HomeSense. Your story of the carwash terrifies me as that is always my biggest fear. I have the worse claustrophobia and when I go through now I call a friend or take my daughter with me to talk me out of my panic attack! So tell your little guy, I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love finding books at HomeSense.In December I found a hardcover Bobbi Brown makeup book for $7.99 - such a great deal!

    Also, the car wash terrifies me and your story sounds scary! :( My fear is getting trapped in one of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! so jealous of the book at HomeSense! Now I just have to check out the book section when i hit HomeSense tonight! 2 locations to check out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. عزيزي العميل وجد أثناء الفترة الأخيرة الكثير من المشاكل بسبب انتشار الفئران ولذلك يمكننا القضاء عليهم ولكن عملية القضاء عليهم هي أمر صعب بشكل ملحوظ على أفراد الأسرة ولذلك نحن نقوم بوضع صفافير في جميع الأماكن المظلمة في المنزل وفي فترة الليل.
    شركة مكافحة حشرات
    شركة مكافحة حشرات ببريدة
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض ببريدة
    شركة رش مبيدات ببريدة

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried placing the chairs in front of the fireplace, the couch across from them (back of it facing the window) and the tv centered on the long wall, but again, the chairs were just too wide for this and I'm not quite sure how I feel about the fireplace being completely blocked. Also, I looooove that the window is no longer blocked. It's a good size and I feel like I can breathe when there isn't anything in front of it. Read more at day phun xam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas