Pretty Greenery and Blush Pink Tulips

Monday, February 10, 2014


When we moved here just under two years ago, we were so excited to leave the cold, sometimes brutal, prairie winters behind (no offence to those of you who are from the prairies, but the cold was so.cold.). Well I know it's not possible but it honestly feels like we brought a touch of the prairie cold with us to Ontario.  Not only has it been a cold winter, but we have gotten so much snow!  Like, where are we going to put it, the snow banks are already over my head, snow.

But you know what's awesome?  Watching the snow fall, it always seems to magical and I do love how bright the nights are with the snow reflecting the moon's glow.

To top that off, tulips are now in stores and they bring hope that spring is just around the corner.  I picked up a bunch the other day, along with some other florals and greenery.  Whenever I buy flowers, I always ask the florist for some extra greenery, the greenery that they usually decorate your floral purchase with.  Sometimes they are kind enough to give it to me at no cost, which I absolutely love!  But they look ever so lovely in vases scattered around the house.  An inexpensive way to brighten up a space/corner and some of them last for weeks, an added bonus.







Are you yearning for spring? Or happy as a clam with the winter months?

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Your living room rug is amazing! I start to crave tulips right about now as well. They help to divert my eyes from the snow outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Makes me close my eyes and think it is spring. Love the natural lighting and neutral tones!

    Kendall
    www.styledsnapshots.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips are among my very fave flowers! These are such a perfect shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love watching the snow come down, so relaxing, kind of magical.. And it's pretty awesome what some little greenery can do here and there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas