Holiday Home Tour: The Living Room Edition.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Hello, hello!

Well, it's the last day of the Holiday Home Tour and I've chosen to finish the tour off with the living room aka the tree room!  If you've missed the other rooms, you can find the entryway & workspace tour here, the dining room here and the family room here.

You all know that our living room holds a special place in my heart.  It's my elegant & glamorous room, I have had so much fun putting this room together and have most definitely learned a lot along the way, but I am super thrilled with how it's turned out.

We had to switch around the furniture to accommodate the tree.  It has to go there because of the peak, which allows us to get one that is about 9' - 10' tall (which I love!).  I also love being able to put it in front of the window.

As for our tree, there is no rhyme or reason to the decorations, the kids have full control (except for where they can't reach).  Ornaments vary from ones we bought, to ones that were given to us, to a few that we had as children, some are handmade by the kids and such.   The skirt is one that I bought when we celebrated our first Christmas on our own, it's nothing fancy, though I have to admit that part of me would love to swap it out for one that is faux fur.  The star is also from back when we first got married, it's falling apart (and not on straight), but we love it so.

Here is the holiday version of our living room!























I hope you've enjoyed the holiday home tour! If you've posted one of your home, please do let me know, I'd love to see it!

Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Julie! Love the shots of the tree in the mirror's reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! I love the light that comes in your living space. And the camera angles with the depth of field are fantastic.

    19

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! And your photography skills are fab! Merry Christmas Julie! Hope you are surviving the ice storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I wish you & your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Also, your photography skills are so good! I'm loving the pictures with the tree reflected in your gold framed mirror.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas