Our Holiday Home! The Dining Room Edition.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013


Today I'm sharing the dining room holiday decor with you!

This room was super fun to put together.  I knew I wanted something with a touch of glamour since the dining room is adjacent to the living room which of course, is my official "glam" room.

I always have to have an element of fun in a room, I decided to go with sequins and plaid and honestly, I am loving the end result!  I was beyond excited when I found the plaid fabric as it was the perfect colour way for this room and a great way to tone down the glam of the sequins.  I bought a single yard of the sequined fabric and cut it in half length wise to make the runner.  The grey fabric was very cheap, under $3 a metre.

I chose to go with a swag over the mirror, which I made using two bundles of winter greens.  I used green florist wire and attached the branches to some twine.

I'm thrilled with how the place settings turned out.  I decided to layer the plaid fabric with white & silver placemats that we already owned.  Ribbon and a piece of winter greenery finishes off each the setting.

I once again used the same white bowl that was the centrepiece for our Thanksgiving tablescape and Grandma's crystal.  A couple of gold & green topiaries from Homesense, scattered ornaments and bundled winter branches finish off the table.

Because the sequins speak so loudly, I didn't add too much to the table.  Here's how it looks!













Truth be told, I definitely set this up too early and some of the branches are beginning to wilt/brown.  Lesson learned for next time!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm really loving the unconventional color scheme you chose. So rich and regal feeling. I wish I had a table to scape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing job and I love all the color that you used. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any photos of the entire dining room? We see bits and pieces, but not one comprehensive photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly pretty! Love the sequin runner and the pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas