Do I Dare?

Sunday, April 25, 2010

As you know, I absolutely LOVE to sew. However, I have a confession. I have yet to make an article of clothing, well, if you don't include sashes/belts as clothing that is. Yes, it's the truth.

I see many patterns that I'd love to try to, but for some reason, I'm oh so nervous to give it a go.

I bought this pattern last year after seeing someone's post about the one that they made (gosh I wish I still had the post). She used a gorgeous quilting cotton. There are actually quite a few blog posts and pics about this particular pattern if you google it, it's just too cute!

Anyhow, bought the pattern, read it over and then threw it into my pattern drawer where it's been sitting....and sitting....and sitting. Today, I dug it out and I'm determined to give it a go. Yes, I'm still nervous, perhaps I'm scared that it won't turn it out right, or that people will be able to tell that I made it. Not sure what it is, but I vow to try it out and yes, I will let you know how it goes.

Now, which fabric to use? Hmmmm I'm open to suggestions!

To be continued.....

I hope you're all enjoying a lovely weekend....I have another sneak peek of a new item to share with you. Perhaps tomorrow if I can get the pics taken!

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. Starting out, I would say that ruffles aren't the easiest thing to do. Especially easing them onto a curved neckline. It's easy to bite off more than you can chew on your first time out because you don't know what's easy and what's hard. I'd go for something a little simpler without as many embellishments to start out with.

    (My first project I tried making a dress for myself with a zipper in it. Needless to say that dress wound up going to the Goodwill).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Tara, that's a good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's cute, can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i know what you mean!! i'm too nervous to tackle real clothing too...the most adventurous i've been is to make halloween costumes. but i'm sure whatever you make will be SO lovely! can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see how it goes! i am a horrible sewer, and patterns are a puzzle to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas