#IDS18 and Laundry Room Makeover Update

Monday, January 22, 2018

Last Friday I attended IDS18 in Toronto.  I haven't been for quite a few years and figured it was time to visit the highly anticipated show!

I was thrilled to have a chance to view the two kitchens that Sarah Richardson designed for Monogram Canada (holy smokes, dream appliances to say the least!).  I'm pretty certain I gasped out loud when I turned the corner and first spotted the pink & grey kitchen.  This has been my favourite colour combination for as long as I can remember (our wedding colours!), so to see it in a stunning kitchen literally made my jaw drop!






The details were captivating, from the layout of the kitchen, style of the cabinets, the hidden fridge & freezer (the two tall cabinets in the second picture!), the wallpaper (which is part of Sarah's soon to be released collection with Brewster Home Fashions, the same company whose wallpaper I used in our powder room makeover) and of course, the appliances.  The woven chairs, hardware and lighting were an absolute hit as well!

Once I was done gawking over this gorgeousness, I visited the Blanco booth.  Their faucets and sinks are most definitely something to be admired.  I have an appreciation for beautiful pieces, but at the end of the day, they need to be functional and durable!  Blanco has undoubtedly done an amazing job combining all of these aspects into the design of their products!


There were plenty of clean lines and muted tones in this years show, which I did appreciate.  As per usual, I get home and I take a look at the #IDS18 hashtag on twitter and instagram and realize that I missed a whole lot of awesomeness!  I honestly think I need to go two days in a row, to ensure that I see all of the incredible vendors' booths!  Also, I wish I took more photos, le sigh.

In other news, we tackled a few items on our laundry room makeover to-do list this weekend!  The beadboard, chair rail and hooks are in!  I was able to paint out the trim and beadboard and today I'll be hanging art above the hooks!  Hopefully this new space will encourage the kids to hang their gear up....one can hope! lol




Now we wait for the delivery of the cabinets (mid February) and then we'll book the counter installers to measure the space and from then it's about another 2-3 weeks for the counters to be cut to size and installed!  I can not wait!

Of course there will be a massive before and after post once the space is complete, but check back often for small updates here and there.  Instagram is the best place to follow along for updates, I've been sharing peeks on insta stories regularly!

Have a great day, friends!

Cheers,

SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Respeto y aprecio mucho a Hublot por hacer Hublot, sin dejarse atrapar por sus propios éxitos pasados,replicas relojes como les ha sucedido a muchos otros en este campo. Y una vez que se tome el tiempo para mirar más de cerca el Hublot Big Bang Unico Titanium Ceramic 42mm,replicas de relojes será recibido por un reloj realmente impresionante y completamente sorprendente que es un fuerte contendiente en su campo ...replicas rolex Una vez que haya terminado de marcar las casillas de " Necesito tener relojes viejos y aburridos para impresionar a los demás ".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas