Family Room Makeover with Structube

Monday, February 5, 2018


Hi everyone!

I hope that February is off to a great start for you!  I've been working away behind the scenes, continuing to update a few rooms in our house (this year it's all about getting those projects that I've been dreaming of done!).

One of the rooms that has been needing further updates is the family room.  We painted the walls and added trim last year, but what really needed to be replaced was the sofa.  It had definitely seen better days (that's putting it nicely!) and to be honest, it didn't suit our style nor did I find it to be as cozy as it once was.

So our search for a new sofa began!  After narrowing down styles, we decided that we wanted a classic style.  Our top two style choices were the chesterfield and english roll arm.  We also knew that we didn't want any cushions on the back of the couch.  Since this is the room where we like to cozy up to watch tv, we decided that the chesterfield would in fact be the best choice as it has a great arm height.

Our search brought us to Structube, a Canadian company who prides themselves in offering stunning products at affordable prices.  After a few minutes of looking on their site, we found the one!!!  Our new sofa arrived perfectly packaged last week and today, I'm sharing all of the details!

Without further ado, here is the beautiful new sofa!














There were three colour options,  I decided to go with the a lighter colour as I really wanted to brighten the space and make it feel airer.  The all-round lower height of the sofa also helps with this.

What I love about this sofa is the attention to detail (hello tufting and rolled arms) as well as the over-filled cushions (which have velcro on the underside to help keep them in place!).  The carved wooden feet are the perfect shape and colour!







This room went from feeling dark and heavy to airy and bright and I am just so in love with the new look!  I have to be honest, I can't even tell you the last time that I curled up on the couch in this room...I usually always sit in one of the chairs.  But since this sofa arrived, I've been cozying up on it daily!  I love how you can comfortably place your arm along the back or the sides.

This entire experience was a very good example of the importance of choosing the perfect sofa for the room's needs.  The Ashford sofa is longer than our previous couch, so three of us can sit comfortably on it and ultimately, this room was screaming for a comfortable couch.  I'm so thankful that we found the perfect fit!


***This post has been sponsored Structube.  As always, all opinions are my own.  Many thanks for supporting brands that I adore****

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas