Week in Review (and a peek at an upcoming project!)

Friday, January 12, 2018

Hi friends!  We did it, we made it through the first week back after the holidays AND today is a snow day due to icy road conditions.  This means that the kids are home with me today, but now that they are older, I'm still able to get a good amount of work done before they start to go stir crazy!

print by KardzKouture (one of my favourite shops!)

On today's agenda: select a paint colour for our laundry room makeover!  That's right!  I'm so excited to share that I'm partnering with Home Depot to tackle this space.  This is a project that I've been eager to work on, so I'm feeling pretty thankful to have this opportunity!

I spent the first part of the week selecting and ordering cabinets for the room.  The space is actually a laundry room & mudroom as there is access to the garage.  It's not a big room, nor is it super small.  The key will be to add storage (there aren't any cabinets at all) and to make it functional and pretty!  I'm hoping that I may even be able to add a storage system to the closet for all of the kids' gear.


I wanted to share a photo of the selections that I made earlier this week (sorry, not the best photo, I took it in-store and placed all of the items on top of a washing machine lol).  There are the cabinets (a delicious grey!) two options for counters (I'll be making that decision next month) as well as two paint colours.  I'd love to add beadboard to the lower portion of the wall, the lighter colour will go on it, and the slightly darker above.  The room is East facing and is currently a dark grey, so the paint alone will have a huge impact.  I'll also be replacing the lighting, adding hardware to the cabinets.

I will of course share a before and after post, but from now and then, I'll also share updates on instagram!

Have a great weekend, friends!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas