ORC Week 5 - Boy's Bedroom Makeover

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

So should I start panicking about the fact that there is just one week left until the BIG reveal and I pretty much made ZERO progress on J's room this week?!  Yup, you read that right!  I didn't tackle 99% of my to-do list, which means next week is going to be nutso, but you know what, I'm ready for it and kind of excited!

I can't wait to put all of the final pieces together and to share the finished space with you!  I can tell you that there will definitely be a lot of spray painting happening over the next week! lol!

The one thing that I did tackle since week 4 was sewing the bedskirt.  This Modern Toile fabric from Tonic Living was one of the first selections that I chose for the room.  J loved it and it has a super fun vibe to it, so it was a winner from the get go!

That being said, I was pretty nervous about using it and did breathe a nice sigh of relief once it was in place!  I used this fantastic tutorial for measuring out the pleats and I even loved her idea to use upholstery pins to keep it in place!

With that, I leave with pictures of the bedskirt and look forward to bringing a post full of awesome reveal pics next week!






As always, be sure to check out the other guest participants posts right here and a huge thank you to Linda for coordinating this wonderful event!

Cheers,

SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome bedskirt! loving this space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedskirt looks amazing! I've never sew in my entire life and always amazed by those who can and yours just look so professional Julie!!

    Can't wait to see your gorgeous room next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The space looks awesome! You did an excellent job. So many creative elements!!! Well done my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas