Backyard Patio Tea Party!

Thursday, May 18, 2017





Hi everyone!  It's time for the second post in the Outdoor Extravaganza!  Did you enjoy all of the posts from last week?  A huge thanks to Shauna for hosting the hop!


Any excuse to sit outside and enjoy the patio is a good one this time of year, right?!  I love nothing more than a delicious cup of tea alongside a sweet treat.  Since the patio is all decked out with flowers, I brought the party outside!  That may very well be the best part about entertaining outdoors is the fact that you can use your planters as decor and don't need to buy flowers!

With that in mind, I decided to host an afternoon tea party with a couple of friends.  I've always loved the idea of a backyard tea party!  A delicious dessert, strawberry cupcake, served in plastic wine glasses (you wouldn't know that they were plastic until you picked them up, love that!) and tea served in vintage tea cups are the main focus for this casual event but fun afternoon gathering!




For the "strawberry shortcake" cups, I used a delicious angel food cake (totally bought it pre-made, ha!!) which I tore into bite size pieces.  I then added a dollop of whipped cream and topped that with some sliced strawberries.  Repeat one more time (or as many as your cups allow) and garnish with some mint leaves!  Easy peasy and you have the most scrumptious dessert that goes along perfectly with a cup of tea!  

I love how it's not a messy dessert too, since you eat it with a spoon or fork.  Can I be honest?!  I may have added an extra dollop of whipped cream, sooooooo yummy!




I adore any excuse to break out the vintage tea set.  They are so beautiful!  No perfect sets here, mixing and matching is where it's at!  Makes it easy for everyone to remember which cup is there's as well.







Do you have a favourite tea?  I usually reach for Earl Gray :)

Be sure to check out the other beautiful and inspiring posts below!  And don't forget!  The link up party will be happening on May 26th!


Backyard Patio Tea Party by Elliven Studio
DIY Farmhouse Serving Tray by Making it in the Mountains

Cheers,

SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. This is so darling, Julie! I'm game if you're looking to host another; Extra whipped cream for me too! Have a great long weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just LOVE the idea of a backyard tea party! Everything looks SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Those strawberry cups look incredible! Such a pretty idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! I love tea parties and strawberries! This looks delicious. Love this idea.
    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my very first time that I am visiting here and I’m truly pleasurable to see everything at one place.https://musipromo.net/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas