The Dining Room Chairs Before & After

Monday, March 14, 2016

If you're following me on Instagram then you've definitely gotten your fill of our new-to-us dining room chairs.  I still can't believe that I found them!  I live for great vintage finds and the fact that these chairs were in such great shape was an added bonus.

The dining room is now on it's way to being finished, which I'm SO excited about!  I vowed to never again reupholster chairs, but I figured I could tackle this job in a decent amount of time, so I decided to take on the challenge.  What I had forgotten was how unforgiving reupholstering is on your hands! Oh man, I have nice blister on the inside of my thumb and I still can't feel the tip of one of my fingers!  But, it was well worth it!

Here are the chairs before:





I chose to go with the stunning floral fabric, Millie, for the seats and then to add some velvet piping in Citrus.  Both fabrics are from the wonderful Tonic Living.  The best part is that the floral fabric has a soil and stain resistant finish!  I've had my eye on this fabric for some time, so I was pretty excited to finally have a place to use it!  The velvet piping added the perfect finishing touch!









I finished this project over two days, while the kids were at school.  The reupholstering definitely took up a large chunk of that time.  Sewing and adding the piping was much quicker.  The next time I do this, I think I would opt for piping that is more tightly woven (they didn't have it at our local fabric store and I was too impatient to search for other options lol).

Now I just need to find a rug.  I do have my eye on this one from IKEA, but I'm still undecided if I want to go that route or if a neutral rug would be better.  Maybe I'll just give the one from IKEA a try ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers,

***Tonic Living kindly provided me with the fabric for this project.  This however, did not influence my opinion in any which way, all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Ergonomic chairs for office can increase your efficiency in work. You may get tired,feel sleepy,can have low back pain and so on.You can get ergonomic best office chair under 200 dollars and also can get all facilities to work efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dining room is incomplete without two things; a dining table and dining room chairs. They need to compliment each other well in terms of designs and style. Dining room chairs come as both armchairs as well as armless chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your dining room chairs are worn and have seen better days, you may be considering replacing them. If this is in your budget and you can find chairs in a style that you like and fits your decor, that is wonderful. More Information

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas