Dash & Albert Herringbone Rug - Family Room Progress Update!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Giddy up!  Things are finally happening in the family room!  I'm not a quick decision maker and that's putting it nicely.  It takes me forever to make a decision.  So when I finally decided to order this stunning Dash and Albert Herringbone rug from Wayfair.ca, I was over the moon excited that search was finally over!

Of course, I wanted to share a peek of it in place.  Here's a look at the old rug:


And the new handwoven cotton rug:





The rug is much different than the one we had before and I'm loving it!  Now I know that I had originally said that I was going to go with a blue rug, but in the end, my love for grey won.

So now we are waiting to find a credenza (still hoping to nab a fantastic mid-century modern one) and coffee table.  I keep going back and forth between a tufted ottoman and a wood coffee table.  I just love putting my feet up while watching tv, so I'm leaning towards tufted ottoman.  Perhaps something like this, or this.  BUT!  I could always go with a wood coffee table and then order a Moroccan pouf, like this, right?!  We shall see!

As you can see in the last photos, there are a slew of fabric swatches from Tonic Living.  I'm trying to narrow down the colour-way and keep bouncing between two.  My love for pink & grey is still strong, so you may see that combo in here in some way...... I'd love to add some lumbar pillows to the chairs and I'm undecided if I should keep the blue floral pillows.  So once I have the new credenza and ottoman in place, I think it will be much easier to make a final decision.  Good news is that there's progress and we are getting there!

More to come soon!

Happy Monday!

Cheers,

Wayfair.ca kindly provided me with a gift card, which I chose to put towards the purchase of the new rug.  All opinions are my own and weren't influenced in any which way.

9 comments:

  1. Nice color. And it comes so cheap. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steam cleaning requires some uncommonly detailed fluid cleaning items that are transformed into steam by a steam cleaning machine or a steam vacuum more clean. Professional Cleaning Services in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. rug cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cheapest fiber is the standard polypropylene, these rugs are known as BCF, if your are after a cheap sort term rug these are really good, after a short time though the fibre tends to flatten easily and fluff etc.is hard to vacuum off, but if used for wall hangings like some Tiger Picture Rugs it would be fine.area rug pad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shockingly, most covers are produced using engineered filaments which have been treated with brutal synthetic substances. Such synthetic substances are not straightforwardly hurtful to the wellbeing consistently, however after some time, covering can deliver emanations which are dangerous. Rug Cleaning NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. bamboo rug

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas