Decorating With Collections

Wednesday, January 20, 2016


I've always loved milk glass and brass candlesticks, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that it hit me that instead of scattering them around the house, that I needed to start grouping them together.  Because in the end, groupings of similar items can make quite the statement!  But to do this, I did need to add a few more pieces to both collections.

I visited our local thrift store about three-four times last week and sure enough, they seemed to have more of what I was looking for with each visit.  So far, so good!  The milk glass pairs so well with white dishes, so they help to fill in the gaps.




I'm happy with how these two collections are beginning to take shape.  The simplicity of styling is also something that is appealing, can't lie there!

I've also been working on editing items around the house.  Though I am adding a few vintage and thrifted finds, I feel as though they are more in line with what I love vs what we had before.

I'm also so thrilled with these canisters that came from my IL's house (I promised I asked before taking them! lol).  Aren't they gorgeous?!


I wonder what will be collecting next....maybe white dishes for a plate wall???

Cheers,

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas