Kids' Bedroom Makeover

Friday, April 24, 2015


Howdy!

If you're following me over on Instagram, then you already know that I've decided to finally tackle the kids' bedrooms.   Oh yes!

I feel good about the rest of the house, the main floor is pretty much done (I'd eventually like to fix up the laundry room, but for now it's good).  I have some exciting plans for the basement space, but you'll have to wait a while to hear more about that!  So it just makes sense to give each of the kids a space that reflects their personalities.

Up first, kiddo 1!  The fabric swatches have been ordered from Tonic Living (there's a peek at a few of them in the photo above!).  I've chosen a floor plan that will maximize the space and now it's onto finalizing additional furniture and other details.  His room currently lacks storage, so that will be added and we really want to make this a cozy space where he will totally want to hang out.


I've been busy pinning inspiration photos and potential pieces that will go into his room over on the "For The Kids" board on my Pinterest page.  He absolutely loves sports, so I'd love to tie that in as well.

We don't have a huge budget to work with on this, so many of the pieces that are already in his room will stay.  I do see the addition of plaids, stripes and perhaps some iron (thinking skatepark).  He's requested to only have the colour blue, which is so him, so tone on tone will be the name of the game.

I've always loved Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware bedrooms and would love to create something equally as beautiful for our boys.  Of course, there will have to be quite a bit of creativity to create something similar since we are working with a smaller budget.

I'm looking forward to this project and of course, I will be sharing some progress shots and the before and after with you here!  Hopefully it won't take too long to get to the "after" stage!

Have a lovely weekend, friends!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Your plan sounds like it's off to a great start! I also love the look of PB and RH bedrooms, so really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are right maximizing the space of kids room is the most concern factor. But if whole furniture are well sorting in order the room will be like the play ground for the kids.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really the floor is pretty much done. Will you share your exciting plans for the basement space with us?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas