And Scene! Long Weekend Recap

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Whoa nelly, what a busy couple of days we had.  I'm exhausted, we all are, but man did we ever get a lot done.  The focus: operation backyard oasis.  We dug a new garden, widened the existing two, displaced 30 bags of dirt, planted a slew of new plants and more.  It was a lot of work, but the results are amazing and exciting.  Outdoor living is important to us and I'm happy to have a space that we will be able to enjoy.

A few snapshots:

New Emerald cedars (a steal of a deal at Home Depot).  We did this in Winnipeg and it was my absolute favourite part of the deck.  We still need to build planters for them.  I also love how they look paired with wave petunias.  Heart fluttering moment here.

Our rehearsal dinner for the wedding was held in hubs' parents' backyard.  They had a gorgeous weeping jade crabapple that just so happened to be in full bloom for the big party.  I still remember how beautiful it was, so we decided to buy one for our own backyard.  Voila! Swoon.

Peonies. I love them.  Even after the flowers have bloomed, they have beautiful leaves.  I planted three this weekend, fingers crossed they all thrive!

Next up for the backyard:  the new deck & conversation set, creating a stone walkway and ordering mulch.

This week will mark the end of a busy month for me in terms of blogging.  It's by far the busiest month I've had, which I'm thankful for, but goodness, I've got to do a better job of balancing it all.  I'm learning to handle the stress of deadlines, family life and such, but it's still a huge adjustment.

What did you get up to this past weekend?

Cheers,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas