Sometimes I Love It, Sometimes I Don't. Art. The Pink Pillow Stays.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's funny, this whole blogging about my decorating.  Sometimes I feel like I've totally got it and I'm all "yes!!! this is what I'm meant to do" and I'm so thankful for that because I truly love it in it's entirety.  Then there are weeks days that I question everything about it and what on earth it is that I'm doing (pretty sure I've said something along those lines at least once a week for the past month).

Truth be told, I've been struggling with the latter for the past couple of weeks.  But the other day, the cloud lifted and I can finally think again.  It was the weirdest feeling, not being able to put anything together, things continually turning out to be completely awful time after time after time.  My confidence was shot, I knew I wanted to keep going but was really questioning whether or not I should.

In the end, I love to decorate, I love to style, it's who I am.  I am constantly switching things around here because I love it, it makes me happy to see how things can work together and to freshen things up.  I find complete joy in styling the tiniest of corners in our house.  Last year I decided to learn as much as I could about decorating and styling, I have been working hard.  It's a steep learning curve and I have to remember that.  I absolutely love it.  So I shall keep going.

With that.  This happened on Monday:


What on earth?!  Seriously, I had zero intentions on buying anything like it, but the minute I laid eyes on this piece at HomeSense, I grabbed it.  The colours are happy, vibrant and go so well with the living room.  I had to try it out.

I know the size is on the small side for this wall, but there are ways to make it work and quite honestly, this might be one of those times that I break a rule.

I'm loving it one second...hating it the other.....I'm intrigued by it, it makes me happy and other times it jumps out at me like a flashing sign, which is not so great!   As Pink says, that must be because it's true love, right???!!

Seriously, I have no clue.  Thankfully I have time to decide (aka 30 day return policy) and I used those lovely command strips to hang it up, so no harm done.  I think it will all depend on how the other pieces, which I have a) yet to find and b) yet to buy, work with it....28 days and counting to get on that!  I will wait before making a decision.

A decision that I did make that I shall not go back on was picking up a pair of pink pillow covers from Ikea that were marked down to $4.99.  I'm liking this one here. A lot.


So we'll see what happens with the art, the colours were hard to capture, they are more vibrant in person.

I'm still waiting to find a fiddle fig to place in that empty corner beside the bench.  Incase you are wondering why there is such a gap, our dog sleeps back there...behind the couch.  If there was the smallest of gaps, he'd find his way behind the couch, so we just pushed it forward to make room for his bed.  I may be slightly regretting this decision.  Slightly.

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine says the best art is the kind that kicks you in the gut (well, she says face) when you first see it. And it should be art that you love, not necessarily what "works" with a room. Sounds like this is a winner according to her rules!! haha

    Seriously - when you see what I put in my bedroom, you will understand hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! I love it! I've been looking for something similar for my bathroom. Now I have to go over to Homesense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...don't you just love a good return policy? And I love how you're putting the command strips to good use. They're such handy little buggers.
    Keep an eye out at The Home Depot for a fiddle leaf...I got mine there last July and it's big & beautiful. (and alive!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas