Our House - Progress

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I feel like it's been a while since I last spoke about where there rooms are at decor wise.

The family room is at a slight stand still.  I'm having a tough time finding something to hang above the couch.  I would like to steer away from any type of large artwork, but it seems as though perhaps that would be the best route.  I'd like some type of architectural print.

I love it.

I think once that's figured out, the room will feel like it's near completion.  I'm still going to go with off white twill drapes, which may someday get swapped out for something with pattern, but for now, the solid twill will do.

The hallway should be done soon.  I recently made a few watercolour paintings and finally got around to purchasing a frame to see how they would look.


I'm so thrilled with the results, so it's now time to buy the remainder of the frames (8, 9 in total) and then I can hang the art up.  I'm also searching for a new lamp for the hallway, something bold-ish, perhaps black shade with white base? Deciding.

The living room and dining room have got me puzzled.  It's taking me time to figure out the perfect furniture layout for the living room, though I think I now have it.  Keyword, think.

dining

The dining room is so dark and dreary right now and I think that needs to be fixed asap.  A light rug, table runner, more artwork and accessories should help.  This space needs help, now.  I'm also looking for new hardware, brass pulls.  I was kind of hoping to find something that would fit into the holes that are already there, but I think I'm going to have to fill them.  Leaning towards something like this.

living room - note my new white lacquered table from Homesense!

Also tricky is the space between the two rooms.  The rooms are open to one another, it's a large rectangle.   We can't push the dining room furniture down anymore due to the positioning of the windows and light fixture.  So what we may do is move the living room furniture a little further towards the middle, but still, there is space to be filled. I have a few options that I'm playing with which include a demi-lune console, daybed or round tufted ottoman.  All of which I think would work well, it all depends on what I find.

So right now, I feel like everything is just all scrambled, I really need a game plan and to make some decisions.

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. Your space and furniture have such great bones! I think an area rug under the dining table would really brighten it up! And more art on the walls. I think a daybed is a FABULOUS idea. It would fill in that space yet not visual cut the space. It is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks amazing, I love the color combinations that you guys made, it looks so elegant and chic. Your have a lovely blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Julie! I understand how you feel because I was also at a loss on what to do with my place a few weeks ago. Here's what I did: I organized my thoughts and researched on what I can do best. Then I used an online timetable, so that I could track my progress and remind myself of the work that needs to be done. I suggest you consider doing the same because it really helps. Good day! :)


    Lashawn Gore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the vintage and natural wood furniture you've incorporated into your home. It always makes me sad when I see people paint a perfectly kept oak vintage dresser or sideboard white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really awesome look, may be i will try some parts in my house. I don't have enough light and air for my bedroom. Can you please share some bedroom design? It will be great.
    Thanks for sharing this update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent watercolor paintings. I understand that you feel like it's been a while since you last spoke about where there rooms are at decor wise. Keep up your best effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas