Fresh Look!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Howdy!

So in my quest to bring elliven to the "next level" I'm in the process of making some changes.  Some big, some small, some now, some later.  I am taking it one step at a time, or maybe two or three steps at a time.  I'm looking over my entire line and picking items that I feel I can improve.

This probably isn't the best time to be doing this since I have a deadline to meet with the craft show in about a months time (eek....really, I'm always so scared that I won't have enough product, how do you know how much to make?!  I've never done this show before, should ask around to folks who have to see what the traffic is like.  I'm making 40-50 of almost every item I sell....enough? Please say yes!).

okay, back on track Julie.  

Yes, I've been tweaking a few designs, and bringing in a few new items (the clutch and one more to come, not sure when the next item will debut).

One of my current designs that has been tweaked is the Notepad Holder.  I recently discovered that it would be so wonderful if the holders could fit a passport and a pen.  I made one for myself to take with me on my trip to Hawaii.  I just removed the pen slot so that the pocket could fit a passport.  I found that when it came time to fill out my customs form, digging through my purse to find a pen was quite a pain.

it would have been very handy to have one right there in the holder  

So soon after my return home, came the tweak to the size of the holders and redesigning the closure.  I love the angled tab, but I also really love the look of the clutch flap so I thought I'd test it out on the notepad holders.

Love the new look!

Here is the new design:

New elliven Notepad Holder!

Square flap closure

Increased side pockets are now large enough to accommodate passports!

still perfect for carrying a notepad!


Now that I have the new design, I will batch produce a bunch starting tonight!

I really do apologize for the poor selection of items in my shop I really am trying to get things in there as quickly as possible.  Still hoping for the clutches to debut at the end of the month, fingers crossed!

Have you been making many changes lately?

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. which show are you doing Julie? maybe post on the team ning to discuss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so smart! I will....doing the Creative Collection Show at the end of November

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look fantastic, julie! great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo these are fantastic. I love the prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a bunch Anna!!! I'm loving the Paula Prass print with the black and turquoise, great combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas