Another Chance

Friday, October 22, 2010

In life in general, you don't always get second chances, to redo something that wasn't exactly as you had expected/hoped it would be.  I might be getting just that, and wow, I'm beyond grateful.

What am I talking about? Let me share.  

So remember this past summer, I went to Hawaii for a week to join my husband who was there with his squadron for work?  Well, it was absolutely an amazing experience, I am so very thankful to have had the chance to visit Hawaii, I am lucky.

Now about second chances....you see, we were really excited because to us, this was going to be the honeymoon that we never had (we've been married for 7 years now).  We didn't go on a honeymoon because my husband was supposed to leave for football training camp the Monday after the Saturday we were married (we were married in May).  A year later came little M, then 9 months after M was born, we moved away to Moose Jaw where my husband continued his military training.

A honeymoon was the last thing on our mind.....just the way things go.  We were never bitter about it, it's just something that never happened.

Okay, back to the story of second chances.  So I get to Hawaii, it's absolutely amazing, gorgeous, such a beautiful place.  I relax, I take in the lovely atmosphere, I enjoy.  Only problem is that my husband is nowhere to be found most of the time.  He's there for work, work consists of 12 hour days.  So our so called honeymoon wasn't exactly....well, a honeymoon.  Truth be told, he was there for work, not for pleasure, so this is totally understandable that he wouldn't have loads of free time, but disappointing none the less.

That brings us to now....the end of October, and unbelievably amazing friend (I miss you!) and incredible cheap flights to the lovely island of Oahu!  Oh my goodness, really? Could it be?

a second chance?

We're still in the early stages of planning, but there is a chance that we may end up going back to the exact same hotel for a week at the end of November!

Just-the-two-of-us!  

I'm giddy (literally I am), I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about this potential trip....I'm thankful, so very, very, thankful.  I can't believe I may get to see this view again


So here's to second chances, generosity, amazing friends, and loveliness!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas