Dream a Little Dream

Saturday, October 9, 2010

So I've been waiting for a few supplies to arrive to begin sewing together the clutches for the craft show.  In the meantime I've been sketching out a few different styles, I would like to offer a few design options (ie. changing the position of the ruffle, adding a strap, etc).  I had this nagging feeling though.....that I could think of another closure option.  I love the designs I already had/have, I love the look, so I couldn't exactly figure out what it was.

Then last night I had a dream of a new closure design for the clutch.  I tested it out today and yippee, voila!

that's what I was looking for!

Here is a peek at the new closure  (this is just a prototype and I apologize, I know it's probably hard to see the detail due to the busy fabric).

Okay, here you go:

(front of clutch) 

(view of the wrap around flap) 

(back with snap closure)

The flap is approximately 2" wide and is adorned with a 1" wide ruffle.  It wraps around the entire clutch and fastens closed at the back.  I used a resin snap on this one, but will test out both magnetic snaps and metal snaps.  I am also contemplating adding a second snap to the back of the clutch for when you have a little more to carry around, so that you will still be able to snap it closed.

Hoping to also list some in the shop by the end of Oct!

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend!  Off to the corn-maze we go!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas