Simple Fall & Thanksgiving Tablescape and Decor

Friday, October 6, 2017

I'm taking a very low-key approach to our Thanksgiving tablescape and decor this year.  After battling a brutal cold (that is still lingering) for over a week, I just felt the need for warm colours, texture and simplicity. I found this stunning tablecloth at HomeSense today.  I love the weave, the colour and the white band on the edge.  

After perusing the aisles at HomeSense I headed to Micheal's to look for some fall flowers and candles.  These pre-made bunches couldn't have been anymore perfect and the fact that they were 60% off was an added bonus!  ha!  Gotta love a good sale.

I bought enough to fill three milk glass vases on the dining table and then another bunch for the coffee table in the adjoining living room (see below).  It's an inexpensive way to decorate and you just have to love the fact that faux blooms just never wilt away on you!



Carrying the theme between the dining room and living room is so important as it creates a cohesive feel.  A hammered gold-lined bowl filled with scented pinecones provides a great amount of texture.

I can not get over the gorgeous colour of these candles and kind of wonder why I never thought of buying some for the fall months before!



fake flowers for the win!




I do have plans to add some Halloween decor to the house later in the month, but for now, these little touches of fall are absolutely perfect!

Wishing all of my fellow Canadians a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend!

Cheers,

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas