Family Room Refresh

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Happy Wednesday!

Last week I took some time to refresh our family room.  It started with painting over the dark grey that used to be above the chair rail.  That colour had been bugging me for a few years now, I just found it to be too dark, despite being a lover of the colour grey!  Having just finished painting the living room, and seeing how much of a difference a fresh coat of paint can have on a space, I knew that this was exactly what our family room needed.

So after humming and hawing over a bunch of different options, from navy blue, to antique green, to somewhere in between, I decided to go with "Mushroom" from Canadian Tire's Premier Paint Collection.  I'm SO happy with how the colour looks!  It's still a "grey" but it's so much better!

To finish off this portion of the refresh, I bought some new artwork (the blue print beside the white chair) from HomeSense and downloaded some free printables from Lucy's incredible blog.  A couple of new pillows from Sarah Richardson's shop and a cozy blanket from HomeSense round up the purchases that I made for this space.  The other art pieces  are recycled from around the house!

Here's how the room looks now!















other sources:
green marble Sarah Richardson pillows

The next step is to buy a new couch which I'm really excited about.  I'm planning on going with a light coloured fabric.  I also bought some new fabric for the kitchen chairs, to lighten that space.  I still want to brighten the family room up a bit more, so I'll be working on ways to do that in the next week or so.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas