Bits and Pieces

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I need to stop relying so heavily on my Instagram photos for posting here, but really, it's as good as it gets right now! ha!

Some pretty exciting things are in the works over here, I can't wait to share more, but here's a sneak peek and mega hint:


A shot taken while visiting Leon's last week.  I can't share too much now, but it's going to be fantastic and be sure to follow the hashtag #HelloYellow on Instagram and Twitter!

I've been focusing on the smaller details around here lately.  I'm super excited to have finally found some beautiful brass candlesticks.  I thrifted the two in the first image at our local thrift store and believe it or not all of the lovely pieces in the second photo are from my Mother in Law!  She had them tucked away in her basement and was happy to give them a new home!  Woohoo!



I decided to make some new pillow covers for the couch in the family room to match those that are on the chairs for a couple of reasons.  One being that I absolutely love the fabric (which you can find here at Tonic Living) and two because it helps unify the room.  This girl loves symmetry and this helps a lot!


I'm also looking for new hardware to place on the IKEA dressers that flank the fireplace in the family room.  I think I've settled on these Louis XVI style knobs (B) or the Rope-Edged.  Both in antique brass and I'm hoping to order them today.

Other happenings:

I secretly love finding little Lego figures in random places around the house.  It always makes me smile....as long as I'm not stepping on them! ha!


I bought this white peplum top from Gap a while back.  It fits differently than tops that I'd normally wear, but I absolutely love it.  Bonus, it's currently on sale!  Also loving the Brave Leather Enno Cuff!  It seriously goes with anything!


I have a huge love for plants and I may have a few too many around the house, but they make me happy.  The newest addition to our family, this beautiful variegated snake plant, just $10 at Walmart.  The planter is from HomeSense.  I love that the plant grows vertically, making it the perfect filler for the corner in the family room, allowing us to easily sneak past the couch to look out the window.


The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy, I keep saying that I hope to get back to my regular Mon, Wed & Friday posts, but here we are....mid February and still nada.  Hang in there, I'll get to my regular posts soon!

Have a lovely week!

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. if you decide to ever sell those lovely plaid pillow covers you used to have, let this girl know :P but I am loving the new covers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grey couch in that first picture is soo glam! I want it.
    I also love the gold rimmed mirrow in your living room, super elegant!
    I follow you on Instagram and you post such lovely home photos.

    xo,
    Amber
    All the Cute
    Latest Post: Honestly… Lately…

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the little gold touches everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas