This Thing Called A Blog - Hello Again!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Hey friends!  I hope you've all enjoyed some amazing weather and family time the past couple of weeks.  After a wonderful break, I'm slowly starting to get back into the swing of things.  I'm coming back with a little bit of a recap of the last couple of weeks, which were truly enjoyable.

We didn't do anything too extreme, we just lived in the moment and took the days as they came. Something that we don't do all that often.  I'm very very very good at being "busy", which can be a terrible fault.  For the first time in a really long time, I felt relaxed, which explains the extended break.  We cherished some really great family time and though I need to get back to blogging, the return will be slow, just until the kids go back to school.

With that, a little recap of the past couple of weeks (all photos from instagram):


 staircase gallery wall in progress. something's not right, need to figure out what it is, but it's getting there. Ikea frames found here.

there were a lot of late starts and pj days...and yes, coffee IS always a good idea, Chapters!

I will be planting plenty more hydrangea bushes in our yards, I couldn't stop bringing the outdoors in!

an absolutely lovely free printable from Paperfelt. Go get it!

framing the kids' art is high on my priority list lately, love it so

new favourite spray paint colour by Rustoleum - Winter Grey (the frame)

pillows were sewn (fabric from Tonic Living)

beautiful, natural moments....orchids flowers are pretty even when they are on their way out

Love. That is all. Get your SS Printshop print here.

We had a few long days, so we made cinnamon rolls

We were so excited to have this guy back home, after a month away. Date night to see Kings of Leon in Toronto

I attempted skim boarding for the first time. Oh man, so fun! 

Uno on the patio....moments like these are why it took me so long to come back.

And moments like these. Easing into the day, such a treat that I'm so thankful for.

We celebrated three birthdays!  July is birthday month in our house.

And this is why it takes me so long to unload the dishwasher. I'm easily distracted! Bicycle print available here.

I've got some fun posts coming up, can't wait to share them with you!  I will get back to my regular posting schedule in Sept, but there will be posts between now and then.

What have you been up to?

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. So nice having you back, but it looks like you made the most of your break!

    Also - so funny we were both at the sandbanks this weekend. Small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back! Is that watercolour art really all stuff your kids made? I would seriously buy that! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print from Paperfelt. I printed mine immediately have it hanging from a clothes pin. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas