Vacation Time and A BBQ Summer Treat, S'Mores!

Friday, July 18, 2014


Oh yes, I've decided that I need to take a vacation.  As much as I love blogging, I am in desperate need of a break.  I'm so thankful to have the ability to step away for a couple of weeks.  I really want to enjoy a few weeks with the family, so I've decided to take the last two weeks of July off to do just that.

I will still be on Instagram and Twitter, but there won't be any blog posts.

Before I go, I wanted to share a delicious treat that we made last week on the BBQ!

Now, BBQ s'mores aren't anything new, but we'd never tried them before, we've only ever made them over a fire.  We were pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make them on the BBQ and how they tasted just like the real thing!  And just as messy (but that's part of the fun, right?!).

At first we had the BBQ on low heat, but it wasn't working so well (or fast enough I suppose!) so we cranked the heat to high and we were in business!

We placed some foil on the BBQ and then layered the s'mores on top of it (we like to use Jersey Milk chocolate bars).  We didn't throw the top cookie on until the marshmallows and chocolate started to melt.


After the marshmallows and chocolate melted enough, we turned off the heat, added the top cookie and flipped over the s'mores, one by one for a little bit.


We seriously had so much fun, who knew making s'mores on the BBQ would be such a blast!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of July and looking forward to coming back at the beginning of August all refreshed!  Please don't go anywhere ;)

Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter while I'm away from the blog.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous vaycay- you deserve it girl! I just got back and am feeling totally refreshed! XO, S

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! Have a good vaca.

    Xx Fatima

    www.fatimasabri.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas