Art in The Kids Bathroom and A Fun Feature!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


Hello! First off, today you can find me over at Tiffany's blog chatting about our living room coffee table!  She's started a new series and I'm thrilled to have been invited to take part!  You can find the post here.  Take some time to look around Tiffany's blog, she's so unbelievably talented and has amazing taste.  You'll love what she's done to her place!


Onto the kids bathroom.  This is a project that I've been wanting to finish for while.  I've had the prints for some time, but needed to get the frames and just kept putting it off.

I finally picked up a couple from Walmart and got to work!

Our kids are super silly, they are so crazy, so I wanted to have some fun art in their bathroom.  I chose to go with black and white and went with prints that made me think of them.

The "Hello" print by Jen Ramos used to be in our kitchen.  The kids have always loved it and enjoy reading "hello" in all of the different languages, so I decided to move it upstairs. (unfortunately it's no longer available).

 
Shae's "I love you this much" print speaks for itself.  It makes me think of someone giving a person a huge, tight squeeze, letting them know just how much they are loved, so it was a must!

Stephanie's "Work It" print reminds of kiddo 2.  He has an awesome pair of glasses that one of his uncles gave him.  Fluorescent orange bands, super dark black lenses, they are so him and so is this print.


I'm not sure why, but I just envisioned them hanging with the bottoms all lined up and I'm so happy with how it all turned out!  That being said, the towel rack may need to go.  I used 3M velcro command strips hoping that they would hold up better to potential bumps than a nail, keeping them from falling, but kids will be kids and the rack may need to move (which wouldnt' be too upsetting since I could then center it).


All done!  Another to-do checked off the list!

Cheers,

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas