New Workspace Reveal!

Monday, November 18, 2013



Last week, I shared the master bedroom makeover.  This week, it's time for my workspace makeover reveal!  I have to admit, having finished both projects in the same week sure did lift a weight that I didn't even realize was on my shoulders, off.  I honestly slept like a baby the night after the workspace was done!

So, the workspace was originally supposed to be a reading nook and I absolutely love that idea, a space for the kids or hubs and I to get away and cozy up with a book or magazine.  I really didn't want to take that space away, so I made sure that I designed the space to incorporate both my work area and a place for someone to read.

You guys, I'm super happy with how it all turned out.  This little nook is honestly a gem.  The window lets in just enough light and it's the perfect size for everything that we need.

Here you go! (ps I'm still having issues with blogger darkening my photos, so I'm sorry if they appear a tad too dark, ugh).




love the vintage green glass cookie jar that my MIL gave me!


why yes, that is the tote that Sarah Richardson gave us when we visited her office! 

do you spy the orchid in a ceramic platter?? 


The two vintage chairs used to be hubs Grandparents and were covered in a not so lovely yellow (dirty yellow) velvet. I bought the dotted fabric from Tonic Living and reupholstered the chairs myself.  It probably wasn't the funnest project I've done, but I'm happy with the results and it save quite a bit of money.  The chairs are unbelievably comfortable, perfect for a day of blogging or an hour or two of reading.

The desk is from Ikea and again, I have to give Ikea a pat on the back for the great price and super fast & affordable shipping. So so happy with the service!  The desk is the perfect size.



I've had a few people ask about the side table.  Well, it was actually made by hubs Dad (so Grandma says) back in his high school days.  I gave it a fresh new look with some white and gold spray paint.

I had so much fun styling the desktop.  I moved my Justine Ma print from the family room to here and picked up the amazing gold & glass box from Homesense.  The elephant bookends were also a Homesense pick up, but they were originally black, so I spray painted them white so that they would fit right in.







So now you know where I work from!

Cheers,

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and calming workspace you have created. Love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks perfect! You nailed it hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful, Julie. The print on the chairs is perfection, as is that desk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome, Julie! You did a fantastic job! Love the chairs and the little side table. Also, I spy my business card in that beautiful case on your desk...woohoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great space. I love the little side table, the legs on the Ikea desk are pretty & how you accessorized! {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!! The side table is gorgeous, love it!
    ps: try saving your photos in png instead of jpeg, it might help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous office! Love how it's so you. And I totally have the same bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like this space even more than your bedroom makeover! Lovely, and nice styling job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about it! Such an inspiring space and also so calming and peaceful. "You're Awesome"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so lovely. Serene and inspirting at the same time. Well done you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great use of space and i like the multifunctional use of the space. Very comfy, cozy too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great place to work. Love the colours - feminine and calming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas