My New Workspace & A Like Would Be Mighty Fine!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Okay, I have to tell you that good things are happening over here and I'm so so so excited and so very thankful! I can't wait to share everything with you.

I'm keeping a lot of the goings-on close to me for now, sorry, I know, so not fair, but I promise to fill you in soon.

I am going to give you a sneak peek of one of them.  My workspace.  Giddy up, friends!  I'm super happy with how it's looking so far.

I ended up buying this table from Ikea for a couple of reasons.  Two of them being affordability and looks.  I looove the legs.  I really wanted something simple and "light" in terms of looks.  I have to give kudos to Ikea.  The shipping was super fast (ordered and arrived in a week) and well priced (under $20, shipped via FedEx).  Thank you Ikea.

I didn't order a chair because I wasn't able to find anything that I loved.  Thank goodness, because look:


Yes, that's Grandma's chair that I reupholstered. It.fits.perfectly.  How about that and how about those desk legs?!

And honestly, how cute are these elephant bookends that I picked up from Homesense?


They were glossy black, but I really wanted them to be white.  So I just gave them a quick coat of spray paint. Voila!

Second thing that I can share.  Elliven Studio is now on facebook.  About time huh?!


Now I know going around asking for "likes" isn't very fashionable, but sorry I am going to do it just this once.  If you wouldn't mind giving my page a like, I'd very much appreciate it.  I will be sharing photos, links, inspiration and such.  Likety, like, like. Pretty please.  xo thanks!

Also happening....I'm transitioning from "elliven" to "elliven studio" which explains the blog header.  I have plans to get a logo and to do some branding here, but that's on the back burner for now.  Another change, look up at the address bar. That's right...bye bye blogspot.com you're now at ellivenstudio.com  Big time!  It's taking me a little bit of time to get things sorted as I'm learning as I go, so I apologize if there are any issues.

Phew. Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,

9 comments:

  1. Wow you've got lots on the go! I love the desk. It's funny you mentioning just joining Facebook, i don't have Facebook either but have been contemplating getting it too! {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your move and Facebook page and I need to go to IKEA and get myself a new office table stat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the elephant bookends! they caught my eye immediately!

    on the fb thing... i don't get many hits from fb on my blog, but it's great for other things like getting discussions going, answers to questions etc. HTH!

    xo, mama lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that table...I agree it has great legs! And I'm loving those elephant bookends. I really need to look at things and picture them with a coat of paint if I don't like the colour! I just might need to find these...they're so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chair is amazing! Love the whimsical polka dot print on the more formal chair. What a great space.

    And don't worry – you're not the last one to get on board the Facebook train. I just set up a page for my blog too. Heading over to like your page now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Julie.....lots on the go and the office looks very glam so far!! I will definitely like your FB page!!
    Best of luck and talk soon!!
    Christine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kow I've already expressed my love for the table, but OH MY! It's so good.

    Congrats on making the leap into the .com world AND on the FB page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The space looks great! Congrats on the new page, heading over now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas