Master Bedroom Makeover Update!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Oh yes, there has been progress my good friends!  The other day I decided to spray paint the bedside tables that are currently in our room.  There isn't really anything wrong with them, I find that they are too low and would prefer something a touch wider, but for now they definitely do.  I went with a white gloss finish and then used some gold spray paint on the hardware.

We've now gone from this:



to this:

I also brought the vintage slipper chair that we inherited, up from the basement.  The plan is to eventually reupholster it, but between you and me, I'm in no rush.  The fabric will def need to be replaced at some point, but for now it fits in just fine.



Now, the plan was/is to paint the headboard navy.  I of course have been searching for photos of rooms with navy headboards.  I can't believe I hadn't seen Emily Henderson's bedroom until now, love the way the navy headboard looks with the white side tables.


Her walls are nice and light, ours are dark grey and we aren't looking to paint them...both hubs and I love the colour.  So we'll see what ends up happening.  To be honest, I don't mind the wood headboard as much now that we've painted the side tables.  I'm thinking that with a fab piece of art hanging above the bed (in a gorgeous gold frame) and new pillows, it all might work really well together.  Again, we'll see.

My allergies are doing a number to me, I can hardly think straight.  Anyone else have seasonal allergies, ragweed to be specific? They aren't fun. I had gone for some allergy shots earlier this year and was doing really well up until a few days ago.  Time to take some meds me thinks.

Have an awesome Thursday, friends.

Cheers,

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas