Summer Vacation Recap!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hey,  hey, hey!  We are back from our summer vacation.....you guys, it was awesome!

We spent 13 days on the road and in hotel rooms, but we really and truly had so much fun.  The trip started off with a three day trek through southern Ontario then we crossed the border and drove through Michigan, Illlinois and Minnesota.  We added North Dakota to that list on the way back.  They were long days, but the kids did well and I didn't have to drive, ha!

First was the wedding. Oh.my.goodness.  The wedding.  It was amazing, just amazing.  Honestly one of, if not, the best wedding I've ever been to.  My brother in law and now sister in law planned a phenomenal event.  Everyone had so much fun and was simply in awe.  I just wish I had taken more photos.

The location was just gorgeous.  Outside, surrounded by trees, gardens and lovely water features.  The bride was stunning and the groom as handsome as can be!  I'm so happy for them.

Her dress was made of beautiful lace and had an open back.  It fit her so perfectly...she looked so gorgeous:


After the ceremony we enjoyed the most delicious dinner in a perfectly decorated white tent:


All of my boys looked so handsome:

photo courtesy of Don Weixl (aka hubs awesome uncle! be sure to check out his site and to book him if you're in the Vernon/Okanagan, BC area)

Our kids were asked if they could make a ring box out of lego.  They thought a plane made out of lego would be more fitting...it was perfect!  (Mad is holding it in his hand in this photo).


After the wedding festivities were over, we played tourist in the city we used to call home, Winnipeg.  How funny is it that we visited places and ate dinner at local restaurants that we never went to in the five years that we lived there?!

We tested out Unburger, which turned out to be absolutely fantastic!  I highly recommend it if you are ever in Winnipeg.



I of course rocked my Hudson's Bay Company jean jacket to dinner...it was the right thing to do, ha!:




We not only played tourist, but we also took advantage of living a hotel life.  Which meant hitting the pool as often as possible:


 After Winnipeg, we headed off to Moose Jaw, SK...another city that we once called home, to watch my brother in law (the same who was married the weekend before!) receive his Air Force Wings.

en route to Moose Jaw, somewhere in SK 

If you've ever lived in Saskatchewan then you'll know that the winds can be constant and strong....my hair stayed pretty much just like this the entire time we were there! ha!



That night we had an awesome time celebrating his achievement at the mess.  Goodness, they had fun! Again, I wish I had pictures of everyone dressed to the nine's that night, but alas, I've got nothing.

The drive home was long, so long....we just couldn't wait to get home....



It was such an awesome trip.  I haven't laughed as hard as I did the past week in a long time. So good for the soul.

Now our focus turns to enjoying the last couple of weeks of summer vacation and prepping for the upcoming school year.  I also have Blogpodium coming up (which I'm super excited for).

Time to get serious! ;)

Cheers,

 

5 comments:

  1. you have a gorgeous family! family trips can be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had such a great time! you have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous family! You're such a yummy mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice vacation, you looked beautiful at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you gave the bride a run for her money, Julie (; you looked absolutely gorgeous! And your boys couldn't be cuter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas