Family Room Drapery - Pinch Pleats!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

As I mentioned here, I have a few projects that I recently finished and haven't shared here on the blog.  I've also realized that I need to take much better photos (you'll see what I mean below), I love to share peeks of what I've been up to on instagram and those photos are fabulous to use on the blog as well, but I need to make sure I take some quality photos too.  Note to self.

Anyhow, so the drapes.  I originally planned on making them on my own.  I have come to realize that I'm a sucker for plain drapery.  I adore and love patterned panels, but for our home I always end up going with a solid fabric.  We have 9' ceilings on the main floor, so it was tricky trying to find panels that were the right length, which is why I decided to just make them on my own.  I headed over to fabricland to purchase some lovely twill that I had spotted earlier only to find that it was no longer there.  Bummer.  So as I headed towards the exit, I spotted some pre-made rod pocket white panels with a gorgeous herrigbone weave.  Get out!  And you know what, they were 108" AND 40% off!  Ummm, made for me, I think so.

Needless to say, I picked up four panels along with some pinch pleat tape (same one I used in this post) and headed home.

The panels were just over 50" each, so I to sew two together for one panel because you lose so much width with the pinch pleats. Simply take out the side seams and then I used a french seam when sewing the two panels together for a nice finished look.

Then you sew the tape on to the top, right onto the rod pocket portion (nearly the same width as the pinch pleat tape) and buy your hooks (there are all sorts...simply depends on what type of pleats you want and where you want your drapery to hang in relation to the rings, covering them or right below).

The result, some lovely pinch pleated drapery:





I'm so so so happy with them and will be making more for the kitchen window (patio door, next to the white table in the photo above) next.

Cheers,

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas