Around Here. Instagram Update

Monday, July 29, 2013

Summertime is proving to be a difficult time to write blog posts!  So it's an instagram update for today!

I ventured out on my first run after months off. 5km kicked my butt, I could hardly walk the next day! But it still felt great to get going again. This lovely bridge is part of my route.

the older two kiddos played in a three game tournament this past weekend, marking the end of their season. shiny medals and huge freezies for everyone!
 an extremely weathered place to sit in the backyard
so this is about to happen. the gold mirror is finally going up along with the two square frames that I bought for the family room which didn't go so well. (more on that below)




those vintage chairs. I love them so

the upstairs hallway & nook are sooooo close to being done!

a touch of pink. I can't ever resist.

So the family room frames. I'm having SUCH a hard time deciding what to hang above the couch.  The couch is about 73" (I think, around there at least) and we have 9' ceilings. I really don't want to hang a mirror or a large print but maybe that's the best way to go?  I've had two failed attempts trying four square frames (two rows of two) but those didn't feel right, and then I tried four rectangular frames (again, two rows of two) but those didn't feel right either.  I'm not sure if it was because the frames were dark brown and they would look better white or if it was something else.  Maybe two large square frames would be the best?  I'm plugging away trying to find the perfect solution, but until then, the family room is kinda at a stand still, which is a bummer.  I don't want to do anything else to the room until I figure out what's going to go above the couch.

Cheers,
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this because clearly I missed the hanging of the gold mirror in Instagram! it.looks.awesome. and you'd never guess you have a house full of boys with how neat, tidy and elegant everything is. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mirror is gorgeous! I love what you've done with your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that mirror! I think one frame on each side doesn't balance well, that is why is felt off. But how about two stacked above each other, and then two more above each other on the other side?

    Your home is looking so good, so curated and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try not to waver to purchase instagram devotees. Simply contact the accompanying site https://www.hubpeak.com/automatic-instagram-likes/ and you will discover what you are searching for.hubpeak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos or videos can help spark interest in your business and draw people in. But the standard photos and videos you take using your Instagram account may not be quite enough to catch the attention of your audience.how to get twitter followers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas